FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM Television Studio Switcher - PC Compatibility

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chelsea Carr
ATEM Television Studio Switcher - PC Compatibility
on Feb 1, 2012 at 3:46:19 pm

Hey guys, new user here. My boss just purchased the ATEM Television Studio for our theater here at the college about 3 months ago. Ever since, we have been experiencing intermittent signal from the PC to the switcher. I have called BMD about the issue, they have advised me to test all cables / connections. I've done this but am looking for some more help. Is there a known tested compatibility list for PC hardware (ie video card)?

We're using a Windows 7 x64 machine with an ATI Radeon HD4850 in the current machine. We have it hooked up to the switcher via HDMI. The switcher outputs to a projector and the preview monitor via HDMI. Usually when we turn all the equipment on, there is no signal on the preview monitor or projector from the PC. It's not until we have unplugged and reconnected various cables in a varying order every time that it will randomly gain signal. Obviously this is a pain as one of us has to go in there at the start of every class to mess around with it for 5 - 15 minutes. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
Re: ATEM Television Studio Switcher - PC Compatibility
on Feb 3, 2012 at 11:28:56 pm

That's a simple hdmi handshake issue, very normal with a lot of hdmi devices. The same thing happens with our ATEM TVS.

Just unplug the HDMI cable from either the PC or the switcher, wait 5 seconds, and plug it back in. Sometimes, you have to do it twice. It happens to us on a daily basis, not too big of a deal.

Return to posts index

Chelsea Carr
on Feb 6, 2012 at 1:20:08 pm

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Unfortunately, this is rather a big deal as we have to go in and do this for instructors and it's not always just 1 cable. It has never been a simple 'wait 5 seconds' and it's good. It's always between 5 - 30 minutes of fiddling. Any other options? This only happens with the PC. The rest of the HDMI peripherals are okay.

Return to posts index

Nick Brown
on Feb 7, 2012 at 3:12:22 pm

I like the specifications of the ATEM television studio switcher. I will follow this discussion because I'm considering adding this device to my workflow. Does anyone have this switcher up and running reliably with SDI inputs?

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Feb 12, 2012 at 5:08:12 pm

We're using both SDI and HDMI inputs/outputs, and it works fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]