FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extreme 3D SDK capture and playback issue

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Blackwell
Extreme 3D SDK capture and playback issue
on Jan 26, 2012 at 12:54:24 am

I am trying to capture, modify, then playback a stream using the decklink extreme 3D card using the SDK. I can do either capture OR playback, but am struggling with both. Trying to EnableVideoInput and EnableVideoOutput both will give an ACCESSDENIED error on the second "enable". Even the supplied InputLoopThrough SDK example errors out in this same manner using one card for both input and output. I can enable input, disable it and then enable the output but that seems headed down the wrong path.

Can someone help me with this or point me to an example application source that manages these both capture and playback on a single card? Assumed from docs that this is possible.

Thanks for any help!
Todd

Return to posts index

Todd Blackwell
Re: Extreme 3D SDK capture and playback issue
on Jan 27, 2012 at 4:37:15 pm

Got the answer from BMD Developer Support (fairly quickly too!). It's a half duplex card. Full response below for reference:

------------------------------------

The DeckLink HD Extreme 3D is a half duplex device, so you can capture or render, but not at the same time. Therefore the E_ACCESSDENIED error that occurred is expected behaviour. The InputLoopThrough sample is intended for use with two DeckLink devices.

To perform the capture - modify - output process that you mentioned, you will require another DeckLink device, or a single DeckLink Duo or Quad card
( http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/decklinkquad/models/ ). The Duo and Quad cards are basically multiple DeckLink SDI devices on a single card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]