FORUMS: list search recent posts

trouble capturing from ATEM into Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Powers
trouble capturing from ATEM into Premiere Pro
on Jan 25, 2012 at 9:08:37 pm

So - I have an ATEM TVS with two SOny NX5U's running into it via SDI.

From the switcher I'm taking an SDI program out into a Decklink SDI capture card, which I plan to capture in Premiere.

SO - I set premiere to capture an uncompressed 8bit signal and it seems ok for 5-10 minutes. However, if I record for 40 minutes or so - when it comes time to stop the capture, I get a "no capture settings defined" error.

So far, it seems like length of capture is the only thing causing this to happen.

Also - the files are something like 4Gb a minute. I'm assuming thats normal since it is uncompressed video - is there a way to capture something a bit less massive and still use sdi?

Thanks for entertaining these beginners questions.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: trouble capturing from ATEM into Premiere Pro
on Jan 25, 2012 at 11:58:39 pm

Choose a different compression codec in Premier. Use DVCPro.
Who uses uncompressed video ? Are you shooting a feature film ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Chris Powers
on Jan 27, 2012 at 3:13:25 pm

Hey Bob, thanks for the reply. I know - the uncompressed video is WAY more than we need. However, when I switch to DVCPRO (under the settings tab for Blackmagic capture in the Premiere capture window)I instantly get the "no capture settings defined" error - even though I just set that capture setting......that's what was confusing me...

Return to posts index

Chris Powers
on Jan 31, 2012 at 2:27:24 pm

Bob, do you have any idea why a short capture duration would work fine in Premiere whereas a longer one doesn't and gives me the "no capture settings defined" error?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]