FORUMS: list search recent posts

Atem Television Studio h.264 to dvd?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mikhail Cherchenko
Atem Television Studio h.264 to dvd?
on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:07:10 pm

I have an Atem Television Studio setup currently recording in the h.264/mp4 format on my pc using the Black Magic Media Express 3 software. Wondering what would be the best way to get the footage on a DVD without loosing much video quality? I have tried several conversion software, but there is a tremendous quality loss.
1. My recordings are about 2 hours long.
2. Recent recordings were less than 4gb.

Return to posts index

John Fickling
Re: Atem Television Studio h.264 to dvd?
on Jan 29, 2012 at 9:12:12 am

Yes I wish to get TVS output to DVD also. It doesn't seem simple or foolproof.

I have considered recording direct out of TVS via HDMI to Y,Pb,Pr converter as I have a desktop DVD recorder with Y,Pb,Pr input. It would be very reliable.

Would like to hear from anybody who does DVD recordings.

Return to posts index

Mikhail Cherchenko
on Feb 13, 2012 at 11:24:47 pm

After testing multiple applications, I have stopped on Nero Video 11. The recorded h.264 footage can easily be burned onto a DVD without much quality loss.

If there is a better solution I would like to know about it.

Return to posts index

John Fickling
on Mar 8, 2012 at 2:15:49 am

Mikhail,

Thanks for the info about using Nero. I have had a look at that, Nero 11 is a pretty comprehensive bundle with lots of programs in the pack, features other than DVD writing do not interest me in this instance.

- What other programmes did you try out before your success with Nero?

- What settings did you use when recording with Media Express, resolution, interlaced or progressive etc?

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Mar 8, 2012 at 4:03:52 am

First, I'd capture using the MX Light software, as it allows the bitrate to be raised to 30Mbps (Media Express maxes at 20Mbps), and it'll capture interlaced video properly.

Second, if going to DVD, I personally use Adobe Encore, as it's quality is pretty good. If you want cheaper software, DVDXCONVERT is pretty good:

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]