FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Customer Support needed (europe)

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris north
Blackmagic Customer Support needed (europe)
on Jan 18, 2012 at 2:26:30 pm

Hi,

I'm based in Germany and need to speak to someone in Customer Support regarding the Hyperdeck Studio. I've tried emailing the EMEA email address several times and heard nothing back. Can anyone from Blackmagic recommend an email?

thanks,

chris

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Blackmagic Customer Support needed (europe)
on Jan 19, 2012 at 12:23:17 am

support-emea@blackmagic-design.com is the correct address. Of course you can also try your dealer and see if they can answer it. You can also post the question here, I might be able to help or the community might know the answer is well (couldn't tell from your post what the actual issue is).

Of course if you are in a hurry you can always call the office directly during normal business hours.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

chris north
on Jan 19, 2012 at 9:34:54 am

Hi there,

The issue we have is audio sync. We're capturing 1080p via HDMI to MXF format and the audio is drifting. After 15 minutes of capture the audio is about 6 seconds ahead. This problem exists both during playback on the Hyperdeck and also when reviewing the files on the Avid. We tried 2 different sources also: HDMI from a PC and a Sony DVCCam camcorder. The picture quality looks great though :-)

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
on Jan 19, 2012 at 10:26:52 am

Chris,

If you search this forum you will find a thread regarding the audio-drift-issue. Blackmagic has already logged this as a bug and a new firmware version "Beta2" is in the works that adresses this issue.

Right now there is nothing you can do to solve this issue but to wait for the new firmware.

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

chris north
on Jan 19, 2012 at 1:47:48 pm

Yep, saw that now. Thanks a lot :-).

Return to posts index

chris north
on Jan 20, 2012 at 11:59:58 am

Hi Joshua,

We installed the Beta 2 software and the audio sync problem does not appear to have been resolved. It's actually worse now :-(.

Any news on what could cause the issue or whether a bug fix version is expected soon?

chris

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jan 23, 2012 at 9:18:14 pm

Beta 2 should not have fixed anything except a flashing timeout issue that would happen on some systems. It also added support for DNxHD on the Hyperdeck Shuttle 2. It didn't change anything else that I was aware of. So i'd be surprised to find the issue worse.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
on Jan 24, 2012 at 11:41:14 am

Joshua,

so when can we expect a fix for the audio/video sync issue? Right now the product is totally unusable in DNxHD mode.

We need the fix as soon as possible.

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

chris north
on Jan 31, 2012 at 4:16:43 pm

Hi Joshua,

I emailed you as requested by have heard nothing back so far. I was told by the customer support that there is currently no schedule for a fix for the 1080 30fps bug?

Are you able to provide an estimate?

chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]