FORUMS: list search recent posts

System Requirements (pc) for Blackmagic Studio card

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John McHugh
System Requirements (pc) for Blackmagic Studio card
on Jan 7, 2012 at 2:30:24 pm

I teach a video production class in a small high school and we are putting together a portable studio that we can use to capture student activities away from our studio. We have a Datavideo HS 500 and CG 100 with a Blackmagic Decklink Studio card (to use for lower 3rds etc). We am looking for the right computer to put the card into. The problem is money -- since most of it is coming from my pocket. I looked into getting a custom built one from Tiger Direct, but I don't want to spend the money to find that it will not work. Also, I looked at just getting an Decklink SDI Card to put in one of the other computers -- will it work?

Return to posts index

John McHugh
Re: System Requirements (pc) for Blackmagic Studio card
on Jan 27, 2012 at 11:10:36 am

Just following up: The Decklink Studio Card works on a gateway computer that I bought. However, the Datavideo CG100's security dongle will not work on a 64 bit machine. With that being said, Datavideo worked with me to solve the problem. They exchanged the CG 100 software for the CG 350 software and it works perfectly. I have to really praise the Datavideo people because they really did not have to do what they did.... or at least they could have taken their sweet time to do it. My problem was taken care of with one phone call and about 4 emails. Great service support!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]