FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro and QuickTime Broadcaster / FMLE problems

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Sustacek
Intensity Pro and QuickTime Broadcaster / FMLE problems
on Jan 5, 2012 at 8:07:51 pm

Hello. When capturing/streaming from the Blackmagic Intensity Pro card using QuickTime Broadcaster, the resulting video is slowed down and stretched out. Here's a little sample:

http://160.94.17.23/demo/bmi-qtb.mov

Note that I only recorded about 12 seconds, but the file is 22 seconds long. And the live stream looked exactly the same -- like I was moving in slow motion, falling way behind the actual camera image.

Anyone else tried using QuickTime Broadcaster with the Intensity Pro? I'm on an almost new Snow Leopard Mac Pro, 2.8 GHz quad core with 8 GB RAM. I've tried using both component and HDMI 720p 59.94 on two different Intensity Pro cards, with no luck. Camera is a Vaddio ClearVIEW HD-20 routed through a ProductionVIEW HD MV controller -- output is indeed 720p 59.94 according to my test monitors.

The exact same setup works fine for capture in QuickTime Pro 7 and for streaming/capture in Wirecast. (Although I can't get multiple instances of Wirecast to each access a separate Intensity Pro card, which was one of my original goals.)

Routing the Intensity Pro video through the webcam effects application CamTwist allows QuickTIme Broadcaster to stream normal speed, but it caps my frame rate at 20 FPS and quite possibly degrades the quality too.

I also just tried Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2 -- the resulting H264 F4V file is constantly choppy, and VP6 FLV files are slowed down and a bit choppy too.

Any ideas? Thanks! -- Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]