FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe applications and DNx HD MXF

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Cridge
Adobe applications and DNx HD MXF
on Jan 4, 2012 at 8:57:36 pm

Hi, I wondered if anyone can help/tell me if it's possible to import the BM compressed DNx-HD MXF files directly into PPcs5? One of the posts on this site mentions: Media Composer and other editing applications, but doesn't state which.
Many thanks if you can help.
Steve.

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
Re: Adobe applications and DNx HD MXF
on Jan 5, 2012 at 4:37:23 pm

No, currently no other NLE than Avid MC5 is able to open the MXF files recorded by Hyperdeck Studio.

There currently no way to import the clips into Premiere. There is even no software that can convert these MXF files.

I mentioned in another thread that it would be easy for BMD to release a little rewrapper utility that would simply rewrap the MXF file into a Quicktime file or make a Quicktime reference file that points to the MXF file.

But BMD told me that this MXF recording option is an exclusive workflow for Avid users.

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Steve Cridge
on Jan 5, 2012 at 7:50:32 pm

Hi Andreas, cheers for the swift reply.

Hope BM in the future make good their promise to make the Hyper Deck Studio "universally compatible" and a "true open format" piece of kit, as it clearely states in their product guide of the HD studio! The guide also goes on to mention, under the heading: Open File Format, that the HDS and its files, including MXF, can be used with all popular software programmes, including Premier, so a little disappointed to read it cant at present.

Thanks again for your help.

Steve

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
on Jan 9, 2012 at 11:07:03 am

Steve,

it is not clear stated on the BMD hompage that the MXF is supported by any NLE.

All I can say is BMD answers if you ask them, that you can always use the uncompressed format, which is supported by any NLE. But that is no solution to me. We need Quicktime DNxHD for everyone.

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Reuben Martin
on Jan 14, 2012 at 4:43:13 am

You can dump raw streams ("essence formats") using a libMXF based tool called mxf2raw. You can then transmux the raw streams into something else with various tools depending on what the desired destination format is.

http://sourceforge.net/p/bmxlib/home/Home/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]