FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere, Divinci Resolve, Blackmagic crash.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Buncher
Premiere, Divinci Resolve, Blackmagic crash.
on Jan 4, 2012 at 2:48:00 pm

A couple days ago I installed Divinci Resolve on my MacPro. I don't presently have a CUDA card installed nor a Blackmagic card. I was just interested in looking at the interface, trying to load a project and playing around with it.

I opened Resolve a couple times and looked at it. I then closed it and left the computer room. Later that evening I opened Premier Pro to work on a project and it immediately crashed. I tried opening Premier about a dozen times. different projects, but it just crashed.

I opened other programs, After Effects, Encore, an older version of Final Cut now with the Blackmagic Easy Setups listed from the Resolve install, and they ran with no problem.

I felt it was probably some driver conflict, maybe a Blackmagic or CUDA driver. I looked at the crash reports and they indicated the crashed thread started with BMD, which I take to be Blackmagic drivers or Desktop. Perhaps the Blackmagic or CUDA options were installed on Premier but cause a conflict without either type of card installed?

I uninstalled Resolve but that did no good.

I then uninstalled everything Blackmagic on the computer. After this Premiere ran just fine.

The thing is I eventually want to install Resolve along with CUDA cards and a Blackmagic card.
Right now, thought, I want to look at Resolve. Is it possible to install Resolve without a Blackmagic card, just to get some knowledge of the program before installing the Blackmagic card and, at the same time to use Premiere Pro CS5?

I have a MacPro 5.1 OSX 10.6.8 Adobe Production Suite CS5.

Thanks,
Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]