FORUMS: list search recent posts

intensity extreme delay?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
intensity extreme delay?
on Dec 31, 2011 at 9:35:25 pm

So when is this thing coming out? Anyone know if it's just vapor(hard)ware or what? Doesn't really seem like there's any reason for the delay. All it is is an interface update to an existing line. And the Ultrastudio 3D is out, so what gives? They announced it 3 months before it's release and now BHPhoto says February. OWC says January and BlackMagic says shipping in December. They have about 7 1/2 hours.

Should I get the Ultrastudio 3D? I have a project coming up I'd like my new iMac system to function and not have to run the old MacPro.

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
Re: intensity extreme delay?
on Jan 4, 2012 at 3:59:50 pm

bump.. id like to know too. Looking for a low cost solution to run for MC 6 adn Davinci for coloring at home.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 4, 2012 at 4:30:43 pm

I have one backordered at OWC and just got another email from OWC saying the manufacturer (BMD) has notified them it will be the end of the month. Still says December on BMD's site but we know that's wrong. So OWC is saying end of the month and BHPhoto says February. Either way, it's gonna be Feb before you can get your hands one .

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Jan 5, 2012 at 4:01:05 pm

yea and then id like to know if its gonna work with MC 6. alot of people having problems with Blackmagic drivers it seems.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 9, 2012 at 5:59:11 pm

Well their website is covered with mentions of every product working with MC6 if that means anything. For the moment I purchased a mini display port to hdmi cable for $10 off amazon and plugged it into the thunderbolt port on my iMac. Pretty much does the same thing except it won't do capture, interlaced output or analog output. Probably not exactly the right gamma either. Seems to look ok. I'm doing any grading with it. Just want to play video out to the HDTV. So in FCP 7 (or X) I just use digital cinema desktop preview out. And for FCP X you can put the viewer on your second display for the same effect. As long as you're working progressive you might fool someone into thinking you have a true card. (Except when you flip to mail or the desktop and suddenly the desktop background pops up!

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Jan 11, 2012 at 4:24:49 pm

i wonder if the newly announced intensity shuttle with thunderbolt replaces this? they seem to both do the same exact thing.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 12, 2012 at 5:45:01 am

The shuttle isn't coming out until "1st qtr 2012" and the extreme is pegged for January. Who knows. They're certainly similar in function with a few minor differences. It is kinda weird they did this. Before they had a line for each connection type.

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Jan 12, 2012 at 3:34:31 pm

"they seem to do exact same thing"
Intensity extreme is qualified for resolve. And oddly has fewer framerates supported.

http://www.postandbeam.tv
grade and finish @ post + beam
http://www.facebook.com/pages/post-beam/137967176232067

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 13, 2012 at 4:12:06 am

Plus, it looks cooler. You'd think they'd mention the resolve thing in their spec grid.

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Jan 13, 2012 at 4:53:53 am

Well the resolve thing just got added I think.
And you know how tough it is to keep websites current. Especially with so many products and lines

http://www.postandbeam.tv
grade and finish @ post + beam
http://www.facebook.com/pages/post-beam/137967176232067

Return to posts index

Jon Menell
on Feb 18, 2012 at 7:01:49 pm

Still waiting on this...any updates?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]