FORUMS: list search recent posts

Videohub software on iPad 2

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Cole
Videohub software on iPad 2
on Dec 30, 2011 at 11:58:12 pm

I recently installed the Videohub iPad app.
It very rarely gets connected; maybe one in twenty attempts but once connected it stays connected until I close the app.
But then I have to continually have to start/stop the app until it will connect.
Anyone else have this problem and maybe a suggestion/solution?

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
Re: Videohub software on iPad 2
on Jan 10, 2012 at 12:34:22 am

Well from the lack of responses I guess this iPad app is a NO GOER.

Apple should remove it from the app store.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jan 16, 2012 at 7:16:01 pm

Odd issue. I've not heard of it before. We have several throughout our company and they don't seem to be experiencing this issue. If it continues to get disconnected I would check a few things on the network.

First and foremost I'd make sure that videohub itself is set to a static IP and not a dynamic IP. If you are using a USB connected hub then make sure that the host computer has a static IP. If you are using a hub connected via ethernet then make sure that the IP is changed in the Videohub utility.

Also I would verify what kind of wireless security is being used. I've not seen a problem with any of the common security types, but it would be interesting to note if the iPad itself is simply becoming disconnected from the network. As a test you can turn the security off (but do NOT leave it off even if it works).

Also you'll want to check the amount of traffic and perhaps make sure the system has enough IP leases in it's DHCP pool. If you are running out of leases you could be bumping devices off as others have need for them.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
on Jan 16, 2012 at 11:22:42 pm

Hello Joshua and thanks for your reply.

The problem is not that it is disconnecting; quite the opposite. Once connected it stays connected; its just getting it to connect in the first place takes 20-30 attempts even longer sometimes.

We have 2 videohubs being controlled by 2 different PC's with fixed IP addresses.
The first is 192.168.2.201
The second is 192.168.2.202
The wireless router is 192.168.2.1

There is only about 20 mac/pc computers using this network and they all connect to both routers OK. I can even control both routers at the same time by running 2 instances of the videohub software.
The iPad2 will also (eventually) connect to either router just by changing its videohub IP in the settings.
I tried it using another iPad2 and it did the same thing; rarely connects.
I also run other networking apps on the iPad2 such as "Filebrowser" and "Remotix" and they connect to all the network computers ok.

Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]