FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing video only (no audio)

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Griffin
Capturing video only (no audio)
on Dec 29, 2011 at 8:38:16 pm

Hello--

This isn't a deal breaker, but I'm looking for a way to capture picture only through Vegas Pro 10 from my DVCAM deck, but it appears the DeckLink device settings only allow capture of both video and audio.

Is that indeed the case, or, if not, how/where do I indicate to capture picture only?

Thank you,

--Kelly

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
Re: Capturing video only (no audio)
on Dec 30, 2011 at 9:13:26 am

Why don't you capture via Firewire as native DVCam/DV?

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Kelly Griffin
on Dec 30, 2011 at 5:14:43 pm

Hey Andreas--

My DVCAM deck doesn't have firewire.

And, my bigger question is just wondering if I can selectively capture picture or sound at all (?)

For example, I just don't need audio (and its accompanying extra filesize) for a ton of B-Roll shots.

Is there not an option either in BM or Sony Vegas?

--Kelly

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
on Dec 30, 2011 at 6:09:29 pm

OK,

I just asked because you lose quality if you ingest the footage via SDI or Component and recompress it to ProRes or DNxHD or whatever.

The only chance to maintain quality is to capture the footage via firewire in native DV or via SDI in an uncompressed format. And if you capture uncompressed you would not worry about some extra GBs of audio.

Sorry - but I can't answer you initial question regarding Vegas. But you have the choice to deactivate the audio channels in Blackmagics Media Express utility. All you have to do is to click on the "1" and "2" below the audio channels to deactivate audio capturing.

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]