FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline Stalls - and extremely long exports.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gene Colburn
Timeline Stalls - and extremely long exports.
on Dec 28, 2011 at 6:26:05 am

OK, I have been very patient on this, but when is this going to get resolved? Or has it been resovlved and I am missing something? There are a variety of issues with the Mercury playback and decklink drivers on every system we have tested here.

At issue is that playback of the timeline on most projects with exception of SD or DV projects we can not playback the timeline without a stall, and sometimes many stalls. Also most BM exports do not use the GPU acceleration for export as they do in native Premiere. It is hit and miss for this as well.

BM disk benchmarks for read and write @5gb setting are above 400gbs sustained. Taskbar monitoring of CPU and ram are coasting along at about 23% CPU and 25% of RAM on the two systems we are comparing here. One System a 4 core hyperthread Xeon (8 effective cores) the other a test build 8 core FX 8150. It matters not whether it is Mercury or Software select. The timeline can be completely rendered and there are timeline stalls. Both of these systems have all drivers including Nvidia GTX580 at latest whql builds. And yes I have gone through all of the Adobe and Creative Cow forums looking for solutions and have tried them all with no resolve. Has nothing to do with clean or location of Media Cache. I have tried using the video raid for video only and audio only to an SSD to no avail. Other details are as follows

Premiere Pro 5-5.2. Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. 16 gigs of ram on both machines. Decklink Rev 9.0 drivers on Multi Bridge systems. One as Multibridge Extreme the other is Multibridge Pro. Exact same problem with both systems. Our normal workflow is AVCHD from EX-3's at 1920 x 1080 59.94i. But we have clients that bring us anything and everything in between. This issue is not a show stopper as we can always edit and have been working around this annoyance.

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
Re: Timeline Stalls - and extremely long exports.
on Jan 3, 2012 at 4:48:22 am

Am I the only one experiencing these issues?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]