FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink SDI capture problem

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dmitry Kartsev
Decklink SDI capture problem
on Dec 27, 2011 at 11:35:39 am

Hello everybody,
I bought Decklink SDI and I am confused. I installed everything and updated all drivers. I can not record any footages from my Canon XL H1 direct to decklink. I was trying Premiere & Media Express. Pluging BNC cable from sdi out(camcorder) to sdi in(decklink), setting in camcorder sdi out, entering software and trying to change any settings but it doesn't allow it. And no even "live preview" from camcorder. Can not understand what I am missing.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Decklink SDI capture problem
on Dec 27, 2011 at 11:37:20 am

In the control panel (if on mac) did you set the input to SDI?

see pic:

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kartsev
on Dec 27, 2011 at 12:08:09 pm

it saying "No Settings requires" and it doesn't allow to change in setting anything! I am on Win.

Return to posts index

Justin Strauber
on Dec 29, 2011 at 2:22:26 am

Something in your setup isn't right. It should say something about "Preferences for your Decklink SDI" along the top, not 'No Settings Required'.

Look in your device manager and make sure there isn't an error with the Decklink. Or, if you have one, try another PCIe slot. It's almost like the system isn't detecting the card.

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kartsev
on Jan 2, 2012 at 10:42:03 am

I couldn't find problem. But I decided to reinstall my WIN and made format of my hard drive. After I installed everything and it started to work.
Probably it was kind of mistake with drivers and it started to work after re-installation of windows.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]