Black Magic Intensity Pro no longer recognized
Hello there, I've had my BMIP for about 14 months now and never had an issue. Until yesterday. I my bmi had been working just minutes before I restarted my computer and it was no longer recognized. I run windows 7 ultimate 64bit sp1. It's not listed in device manager, in media express it says "no device is connected", and finally in the bmi control panel all options are grayed out and it says no settings required at the top. The only other change in configuration was upgrading from 4gb ram to 16gb ram. I don't think I damaged the card during this upgrade as it sits away from the ram and is separated from the area I worked on by my video card.
Troubleshooting I've done:
1. Removed the bmi software from programs and features (I hope this uninstalled drivers as it isn't listed in device manager)
2. Entered bios at next boot and loaded optimized defaults (hoping to clear any incompatible IRQ's)
3. Booted pc and downloaded latest drivers. (Blackmagic_Desktop_Video_Windows_9.0.zip)
4. Shut down and installed card into different pci-e slot
5. Booted pc, card was not detected. Tried installing software anyway to no avail.
6. Tried original pci-e slot, same result
7. Installing the old ram and repeating step 1-6
I've been using a powered hdmi matix switch for the past week. It's 4 in 2 out (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5312&seq=1&format=2). This is the only change in configuration I've made in the last year and I'm wondering if it's possible this caused my card to short out.
I noticed an odd thing yesterday after my card stopped working, when my pc was off and the hdmi input cable from the switch was plugged in to my broken bmi, my cpu fan and case fans/lights would turn on at about 10% power. I had never noticed this before, is this normal?
Sorry if this was a long read, I wanted to be thorough in the hopes that I missed a troubleshooting step. I'd appreciate it if anyone could aid me in fixing this or determining if the card is fried. Thank you