FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intensity Pro - the smallest possible box

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rita Kapelevich
Blackmagic Intensity Pro - the smallest possible box
on Dec 22, 2011 at 9:59:37 am

Could you please help me to find the smallest possible computer, which will work with Blackmagic Intensity Pro or to find the place where I could look for it :D
The minimal requirements are
CPU – Intel Xeon Quad-Core E5506 2.13Ghz
RAM - At least 2GB with at least DDR 1066Mhz
OS is going to be Fedora15

Thank you
Newbee

Return to posts index

Kip Draper
Re: Blackmagic Intensity Pro - the smallest possible box
on Jan 1, 2012 at 3:51:39 am

It's usually the shortest (length-wise) card in any box, and since it is not designed to convert to low profile (wishlist!) w/ even a custom homemade bracket due to the obvious fact that the circuit board uses every mm of the height of a standard card; the height of the BMI Pro is its limiting factor in this case.

I have a few running in long 3u rack boxes (iStarUSA 3U Rackmount Server Chassis Front-mounted ATX Power Supply) that atypically accommodates standard ATX mainboards & an ATX PS2. (19.00" x 5.25" x 20.80")

I'm guessing stepping down to a 2u box & micro-ATX mainboard is plausible w/ riser cards or you could just leave the lid off ;) Coincidentally, w/ the exception of a risers refresher course & finding a suitable micro-ATX mainboard I can live with, I've set aside the other required components tested to fit into a road-friendlier, (iStarUSA 2U Rackmount Server Chassis microATX + ATX PS2), live streaming box generally the size of a 17" notebook if its 2u width is disregarded (15.0" x 3.5" x 19.0").

I've never built nor disassembled a 1u box, but I essentially eliminated it as a possibility since I'm pretty sure you're forced into video(GPU) on the mainboard.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]