FORUMS: list search recent posts

HyperDeck 2.0 public beta now available

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Dowling
HyperDeck 2.0 public beta now available
on Dec 19, 2011 at 6:28:46 am

Hi Guys,

We have posted a public beta for HyperDeck 2.0 which includes the DNxHD support for HyperDeck Studio.

We are currently in official certification with Avid and anticipate that this will be certified in early January, but in the meantime you can use this beta. This has been through our internal QA and we believe it meets the VC 3 standard.

It is available here:

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/media/2702701/Blackmagic_HyperDeck_Macinto...

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/media/2702707/Blackmagic_HyperDeck_Windows...

Regards,

Matt
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Richard Freemantle
Re: HyperDeck 2.0 public beta now available
on Dec 19, 2011 at 7:50:45 pm

Hi Matt,

As you are aware Media Express in conjunction with the H.264 Pro-Recorder, currently uses alot of CPU power (~80-90%) to preview the encoded video stream. Making the hardware encoding aspect of this product somewhat pointless.

I assume as product development manager for the H.264 Pro-Recorder, this has been brought to your attention on various occasions, most recently through conversations with Joshua Helling.

Myself and others have suggested viable & I believe simple to implement solutions, that would constitute a 'Media Express Light' version that would make the most of this product.

To recap:

Media Express Light, doesnt have a video preview. Instead it pipes the h264 stream across the internal network via UDP, so if a preview is required, something like the very effecient VLC player could be used which supports playing h264 from a network stream.
The interface is then just limited to encoder setup, stream output setup & REC/STOP.

Meaning that recording could use a few% cpu rather than all of it!

As product development manager for the H.264 Pro-Recorder. Are there any plans to implement this, or any solution that removes the unrequired cpu overhead?

Or shall I return the unit?

Thanks
Richard Freemantle

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Dec 20, 2011 at 9:53:45 pm

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your feedback. We will definitely look into it.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Richard Freemantle
on Dec 22, 2011 at 9:08:59 pm

Hi Kristian,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Could we have an official reply on whether there will be a 'Media Express Light' version (as detailed)?

As I've repeatedly heard the phrase 'We will definitely look into it' in various forms over the past few months, followed by no further communication or progress! I am now very sceptical.

Look forward to hearing from you or Mat

Thanks

Richard
Freemantle

Return to posts index

Gunter Puszkar
on Dec 20, 2011 at 2:00:24 pm

Hi,

just updated. I am testing the Avid Compatiblity right now.
But I am very unhappy to change the codec with the Software utility only. Why not at the HyperDeck directly, there is an unused "SET" button...
Please consider working in the field without a laptop...
Otherwise its a great feature!!!
Thank you.

Cheers.
Gunter.

Gunter Puszkar
Head of Postproduction

PostFactory GmbH
Leuschnerdamm 13
D-10999 Berlin, Germany

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
on Dec 20, 2011 at 6:40:30 pm

It works great with Avid MC6, MC5.5 and even MC5.0.4.

The only BIIIIGGGG! downside of this update is that there is currently no way to open these MXF files in any other NLE. Only Avid Media Composer can open these files.

It would be so easy to provide a rewrapper that takes the MXF file and rewraps it into a Quicktime file. Even a Quicktime Reference file would work.

If I import the MXF files into Avid and create a QT Ref file - it works like a charm in Premiere Pro, FCP and Vegas. Please Blackmagic - give us a rewrapper tool.

Regards

Andreas

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
on Dec 20, 2011 at 8:25:45 pm

...Please Black Magic add the support for an open file format (like high-Quality MPEG2 Compressed Recording stored into MXF or MPG file formats with audio and timecode)
;-)

Paolo

P.S. Please don't forget to add NTFS support too!

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

Dan Nethery
on Dec 21, 2011 at 3:24:02 pm

So what DNxHD codec is it? 220, 145? or Can I choose from a few of them?

Also has any one had a chance to test this with long format? like an hour or two?

I would love to be able to replace the Ki Pros with something that will fit into a rack

Return to posts index

Martin Rose
on Dec 21, 2011 at 9:00:23 pm

http://www.markertek.com/Racks-Cases/Equipment-Rackmounts/Connectronics/CTX...

[Dan Nethery] "I would love to be able to replace the Ki Pros with something that will fit into a rack"

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
on Dec 22, 2011 at 12:56:11 pm

Dan,

it is DNxHD 220 and it works great. I tested it several hours with our Crucial 512GB SSDs. No glitch.

The only downside: You can only edit those files (MXF) with Avid Media Composer 5.0.4 and higher.

Until now no other NLE can import the MXF files created by Hyperdeck Studio.

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Dan Nethery
on Dec 27, 2011 at 4:32:36 pm

This is great to know, thank you Andreas!

Do you or any one know if there is a way to timecode sync multiple HyperDeck Studios? I need to ISO 6 cameras on live productions.

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
on Dec 28, 2011 at 5:50:23 pm

This should work if your cameras can output timecode through SDI and you sync all of your cameras first. It is possible to let the Hyperdeck use the SDI embedded timecode. This should be possible to setup by using the Hyperdeck utility.

This is from the Blackmagic Homepage:

"You get support for preset timecode, regenerate timecode from the last recorded clip or SDI timecode, all set via the included HyperDeck Utility."

The only way to ingest timecode to the Hyperdeck is via SDI. As far as I know. There is no specific Timecode In connector. Only a reference input.

Allthough I must admit I've not tried it.

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Kevin Young
on Jan 7, 2012 at 5:43:09 am

Can you embed timecode in the sync signal? Also, is ProRes no long in favor? ProRes works with FCP and Premiere, but it is not supported.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]