FORUMS: list search recent posts

I have 4 programming questions on Blackmagic Decklink SDI

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Pattinson
I have 4 programming questions on Blackmagic Decklink SDI
on Dec 15, 2011 at 3:57:14 am

Hello, Blackmagic,

This is the first time that I program with a Decklink SDI. I have some programming questions on the SDK. But the local support team of the reseller was not able to help me.

I work with Visual C# 2008, I have 4 questions by now.
1. In "Blackmagic Decklink SDI.pdf", the BMDAudioSampleRate enum has only one member "bmdAudioSampleRate48kHz", how can I play audio with different sample rates, e.g. 8kHz,16kHz,44.1kHz? I have tested one audio file of 8kHz, it was played at 48kHz.

2. The BMDPixelFormat enum has a member "bmdFormat8BitYUV", which is ‘UYVY’ 4:2:2. Is 'uyvy 4:2:2' the only yuv format that Decklink support? How about yuv420p? Should any other yuv be converted to uyvy422?

3. The IDeckLinkDisplayMode interface has a member "GetFrameRate()", is this frame rate a suggestion or a dominant of video output? I have tested the DisplayVideoFrameSync() method, which was not influenced by the frame rate out of "GetFrameRate".Next, I will test "ScheduleVideoFrame()".

4. After ScheduleAudioSamples() is called ,can the buffer that holds audio data be FreeCoTaskMem()-ed? I think it's OK to free the buffer, but I encountered an APPCRASH error in Visual Studio 2008 when playing back an audio file. I am still debugging the problem.

Thanks,
Robert

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: I have 4 programming questions on Blackmagic Decklink SDI
on Dec 15, 2011 at 5:50:47 am

Robert,

Your best bet is to join our developer list.

The Blackmagic Developer mailing list is designed for technical questions regarding technologies used by Blackmagic Design, eg QuickTime, Core Media, DirectShow, codecs, APIs, SDKs, etc. The free mailing list is a forum where developers can discuss ideas and problems with other developers. Any subscriber may reply and the Blackmagic Design engineers may also respond when appropriate. You can subscribe to the mailing list at: http://lists.blackmagic-design.com/mailman/listinfo/bmd-developer

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]