FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is my Intensity Pro DOA?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Walker
Is my Intensity Pro DOA?
on Dec 10, 2011 at 11:59:41 pm

My church has an Intensity Pro, used as a composite video input device for Pro Presenter. (A very popular screen presentation software) The Creative Director at the church ran an Apple software update on the MacPro the card was installed in, and afterwards the card is not recognized at all in the system profiler, even after the installation of Desktop video 9.0.

I took the card home this evening and took out my AJA Kona card, and installed the Intensity card, loaded desktop video 9.0, and the card does not show up on my computer either.
So three questions:
Would there be any reason NOT to think the card is dead?
Would an OS update kill a card? I think not.....
Since it doesn't work with 2 MacPros, would there be any reason to believe that putting it in to a PC
would wake it up?

Church computer: 2010 MacPro 4 core 3 GB of Ram OS 10.6.8
My computer: 2008 MacPro 8 core 10 GB of Ram 10.6.8

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Is my Intensity Pro DOA?
on Dec 14, 2011 at 9:17:57 pm

Well, DOA implies that the card is "Dead on Arrival". But it seems that you had the board up and running in a machine before the OS upgrade.

I don't necessarily think the card is dead, but it sounds as if the firmware is messed up (which would require us to bring it back to flash). When you updated did the system try to update the firmware on the Intensity?

I mean it could have been a horrible coincidence but it sounds as if the firmware flash failed or was canceled. Either way, just give our office a call and we can talk about an RMA.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]