FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Extreme or Matrox MXO2 Mini?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Intensity Extreme or Matrox MXO2 Mini?
on Dec 10, 2011 at 6:52:51 am

I'm setting up a new system. My current system is a MacPro 1,1 quad core 2ghz with MX02 mini and eSata G-Raid, plus internal sata raid. 16gig of RAM, Radeon 5770. Still runs like a champ, but long in the tooth compared to newer stuff. Needed to spend money this year, so have a top of the line iMac on order, 27", i7, 3.4ghz, 16gig ram, along with a Promise Pegasus 8 tb thunderbolt raid.

I could get the matrox thunderbolt adapter, but I'd rather keep both systems running for awhile. So I'm thinking about the intensity extreme. I know it's not out, (6 more days according to OWC) but it seems to be the same specs as the intensity pro or shuttle. What differences can I expect compared to MXO2 mini? I know the Matrox excels in upconverting and downconverting as well as monitoring SD and HD both at the same time and that the intensity just isn't really for that. But what other pros and cons are there? Can anyone share their experiences with the Pro and Avid or Premiere? The mx02 mini is useless with Premiere in my old Mac Pro. Hoping that the intensity will work fine with it and Avid MC6. I'm using FCP 7 right now, but have Premiere CS5 and will probably be making a decision about MC6 when Premiere CS6 comes out. I like my After Effects and would love to have a useable Premiere system.

Most everything comes to me on cards or drives, but I do occasionally grab off DVCam or other format via component. I monitor to HD via HDMI and also to SD via a center cut to a PVM-20 when neccessary. Mostly, my needs are just HDMI monitoring.

Return to posts index

Gianni Salvador
Re: Intensity Extreme or Matrox MXO2 Mini?
on Dec 13, 2011 at 9:08:28 am

I would be curious if Intensity has any features as Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility that lets an HDMI monitor perform like a broadcast HD/SD monitor with 10-bit 4:2:2 color precision.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 13, 2011 at 4:51:30 pm

My Matrox calibration only allows calibration via RGB on HDMI. It looks pretty spot on in YUV set at defaults on my Vizio. But the RGB output is so horribly wrong to start with that it better have calibration! Wouldn't YUV be better anyway since that's the colorspace we're using?

Return to posts index

Gianni Salvador
on Dec 14, 2011 at 9:22:42 am

I found this: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/132/857746

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]