FORUMS: list search recent posts

Atem 1 setup woes

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Slenker
Atem 1 setup woes
on Dec 9, 2011 at 7:32:40 pm

I'm installing an Atem one in our old linear studio. It is setup for the moment as SD NTSC. My component cameras are going into it SDI via converters. I'm trying to use the HDMI inputs for some decks.

Issue #1 I have a KiPro that I was going to send into the atem. Footage that has been recorded in SD (matching the switcher format) shows up all green in the switcher.

Issue #2 I have two Beta decks that I would like to send in the HDMI inputs. I have two Atlona AT-COMP-HDMIN converters that are taking component from the decks and converting to HDMI. The converters say that they will do NTSC so this should work (I thought). When I hook it up to the Atem I get nothing. When I hook the HDMI up to a computer monitor (via a HDMI to DVI cable) I can see the picture so it seems like the converter is working.

Any help is appreciated. I consider myself a competent engineer with SD and HD signals however HDMI always seems to give me issues.

Return to posts index

Jason Slenker
Re: Atem 1 setup woes
on Dec 14, 2011 at 2:33:53 am

Ok, I got the HDMI out of the KiPro working. It seems that the Atem wants the sources to be on before it starts up. I now have video from the KiPro into the ATEM.

I still for the life of me can not figure out how to get component SD from a Beta deck into the HDMI input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]