FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intensity Pro + Xbox360 realtime playback

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lutfi Zeton
Blackmagic Intensity Pro + Xbox360 realtime playback
on Dec 6, 2011 at 10:34:19 pm

Hi all!

First of all, thank you very much for your support.

I'd like to use my Led Cinema Display 27" for playing Xbox360. I have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card to capture HD video and it works awesome. But I don't hear sound while using Blackmagic Media Express.

Do you know any other app to use this in Mac?

What about Windows? Does VMWare Fusion support this card?

I think that, using a Mac Pro and having this card as a HDMI imput, there would be no problem in playing the source realtime in fullscreen... wouldn't it?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Robert Dewerff
Re: Blackmagic Intensity Pro + Xbox360 realtime playback
on Dec 6, 2011 at 11:46:15 pm

There is a device you can purchase that will allow your Xbox 360 to output video over HDMI and audio over the supplied dongle that terminates to L/R RCAs for analog audio output. The factory Xbox analog converter blocks the HDMI output. This device doesn't allowing you to connect both.
Then configure the intensity pro input Video over HDMI and analog audio over the supplies breakout cable.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Cable-Adapter-XBOX-360-Slim/dp/tags-on-product/...

Also has Toslink optical audio, not that you can take advantage of that in this situation.

On a side note, I thought XBox360 had HDCP on over HDMI, but i never tested it. So thanks.

Bob D
America One Networks

Return to posts index

Lutfi Zeton
on Dec 7, 2011 at 3:45:19 pm

Thank you for your support but that is not my problem. I can capture my xbox 360 from HDMI directly :)

What I want is to use it to play in my Apple Led Cinema Display 27" as monitor. I don't want to capture it, just to show both video and sound directly.
I think it is not difficult to do because my Mac Pro, with this Blackmagic card, has an HDMI imput... but I don't know how.

Return to posts index

Justin Moy
on Dec 8, 2011 at 3:30:19 am

The Intensity Pro outputs audio via HDMI (embedded) and analog RCA, simultaneously. You can use a 2 x female RCA to 3.5mm male audio jack to plug into your speakers or even the line-in on your Mac to get sound.

The 27" Cinema Display only has DisplayPort right? I don't think a passive HDMI to DisplayPort adapter would work on these displays, you'd have to get an HDMI to DisplayPort active scaler of some sort.

Return to posts index

Lutfi Zeton
on Dec 8, 2011 at 11:09:57 am

Thank you for you support but, again, that's not what I ask. Sorry if I don't explain correctly. But thank you for your help.

I don't want to connect to my Led cinema display 27" directly. I know I would need an adaptor for that. I want to playback my XBOX360 in an application like ElGato or VLC using my Blackmagic Intensity Pro as an imput, or any app to watch and listen directly in my Mac, without trying to capture.

I can only see the screen while capturing... but not in another applications. I'm pretty sure it is not difficult to do.

In other words. Is having a TV inside the Mac.

Thanks

Return to posts index

George Watson
on Jun 14, 2012 at 10:47:25 pm

I have an answer for you. I had a similar issue but, when i researched it.... I found that black magic intensity pro is not compatible with macs. Therefore, a pc is ideal to satisfy your needs. I am actually building one at the moment, still have been unable to get the right compatibility for my BMIP. the software is great though, Avid is used in hollywood.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]