FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Shuttle Flickering

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron Barry
Intensity Shuttle Flickering
on Nov 29, 2011 at 2:42:08 pm

Hi everybody.

So I just got my Intensity Shuttle, only problem is, is that in my media express, the preview screen flickers. I have updated my USB 3.0 drivers, and looked all over the place for answers, and most of the time, leading back to here.

But I would really love to get this thing working correctly.

System Specs -

Asus Crosshair IV
Phenom II x4 955
8GB 1333MHz XMS Corsair Ram
Asus GTX560
Samsung 830 SSD as Boot drive, and 1TB black as storage.

I cant seem to understand the problem, mainly because my motherboard is listed on the BMD site on the shuttle approved hardware, (although with another processor, which shouldn't change anything)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ethan Cord
Re: Intensity Shuttle Flickering
on Nov 30, 2011 at 4:47:26 pm

Flickering /black frames is most likely down to power saving technologies sapping bandwidth.

To get the Shuttle working when I was using a Crosshair IV Formula, I had to disable C1E power saving in the BIOS (whilst leaving Cool n' Quiet enabled), then in the Windows power settings ensure that PCIe link power saving is disabled (it is enabled by default).

Return to posts index

Cameron Barry
on Nov 30, 2011 at 5:07:10 pm

Turned off C1E, and enabled CnQ but im still getting the flickering :/

Return to posts index

Ethan Cord
on Dec 1, 2011 at 7:44:19 am

Are you using the latest Renesas/NEC firmware and driver for the USB 3.0?

Also, the Windows power management change I mentioned is important. You can bypass it to test - set the power scheme to high performance.

Return to posts index

James Howarth
on Mar 25, 2012 at 7:03:59 am

Black magic design Intensity Shuttle Flickering FIXED

This actually baffled me for a few days. I checked with many forums and did all they said which was: *Disable C1E in bios (said to enable CnQ but didn't have that option) * "power options" in windows 7 set to high performance and "off" to PCI Express power savings. *Updated NEC driver for my LaCie USB 3.0 PCI Express Card and firmware to the instructions on Black Magic Design page.

After all this I removed the PCI Express USB 3.0 card to another slot (I actually put it where the graphics card goes a PCIe x16 slot. This is ok apparently) Still didn't work. I then pluged into the other usb slot (there are 2 on my card) the computer detected and auto installed but this time I allowed it to auto update from windows update. I was canceling this previously as I thought that was the problem but looks like windows has a newer driver version that what Black Magic has? Anyhow finally this worked.

As a curiosity when testing through composite connections I removed the camera and a blue screen showed (as a default place holder I assume like dvd players)and this was flickering too!? without any video even passing through it. Seems a problem of the driver or correct card placement in its slot.

Cheers

James

http://www.alieninhabitantmovie.com

Insanity or Reality?

Alien Inhabitants
They are here...

http://www.alieninhabitantmovie.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]