FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyboard shortcuts in Media Express 3.0.3 for Windows?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Tomkins
Keyboard shortcuts in Media Express 3.0.3 for Windows?
on Nov 27, 2011 at 5:16:00 am

Just upgraded to Blackmagic Media Express 3.0.3, and after some initial quirkiness (I experienced my first total PC lockup in longer than I can remember, and couldn't initially get any signal until I reseated my HDMI cable), all seems well.

However, one feature I relied on seems to have been removed. I no longer seem to be able to capture a frame grab in Media Express using a keyboard shortcut. I review consumer electronics products for a living, and use the Intensity Shuttle with Media Express to capture user interface screenshots via HDMI and composite video outputs. (Using the Photoshop plugin has sadly never been an option for me, as I need to be able to see the video feed before capture, since most of the products I review disable their display as soon as an external display is connected.)

The frame grab button at the bottom of the screen works, but I've tried both 'G' and 'Ctrl-G' in Media Express 3.0.3, and neither will capture a screenshot. Nor can I even use 'Alt-F' followed by a key to select the relevant menu item, since there's no keyboard shortcut here either. The only method to capture a screenshot using the keyboard is 'Alt-F', 'Up Arrow', 'Up Arrow', 'Enter', which is rather less than optimal when I'm trying to time the moment of capture precisely to coincide with a user interface element being displayed.

Is there a way to re-enable the Frame Grab keyboard shortcut in Media Express 3.0.3, and if not, what's the latest version of Media Express that retains this feature? Also, can you please consider re-adding this functionality in future releases? I doubt I'm the only one who prefers using a keyboard rather than a mouse -- often my mouse hand is occupied by controlling the product I'm testing, but my left hand is free to hit a simple keyboard shortcut when I'm ready for a screenshot...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]