FORUMS: list search recent posts

Atem tv studio

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Cridge
Atem tv studio
on Nov 13, 2011 at 4:39:55 pm

I wondered if anyone can help me with a question ive got regarding the inputs on the BMD Atem TV studio. I'm hoping to use a couple of standard def Panasonic f565 studio cameras with SDI output converters with the unit until such time I can afford to go fully HD. The limited spec I've read so far seems to suggest its possible ( SDI/HD-SDI, HDMI) or have I miss interpreted the description? Many thanks if anyone can help.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Atem tv studio
on Nov 13, 2011 at 6:41:46 pm

yes - and Blackmagic makes these converters - Analog to SDI.

You need one for each camera.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Steve Cridge
on Nov 13, 2011 at 7:48:10 pm

Thx for that Bob. I've looked at BMD's mini converters and they seem to be exactly the kit I need, especially since they also seem to offer the opportunity to convert analogue audio to spdif along the way. In terms of using just SD SDI, is there a further release of software on the way, or are there settings available within the 2.6 release? Again, thx if you can help? Steve C

Return to posts index

Ken Wilson
on Nov 16, 2011 at 4:27:17 pm

SD-SDI is not currently supported in the TVS, but I'm repeatedly told by Blackmagic that it is coming soon.

Return to posts index

Steve Cridge
on Nov 17, 2011 at 1:41:40 pm

Many thx for that Ken. I checked the BMD manual online (page 33) and it showed both HD and SD settings for all the switchers but the full settings was not showing up on the software panel for the TVS. Thought I'd got it wrong and needed to go for the next model up. Again thx. Steve Cridge

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Nov 18, 2011 at 5:57:42 pm

This is true. The ATEM TVStudio is designed to do SD, it just hasn't be enabled yet in the software. So as of the time of this posting it can only do HD as Ken has said.

Also feature is in active development and we hope to have this firmware out for you guys very soon.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Nov 13, 2011 at 7:43:22 pm

You can also get an analog to HMDI converter!

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Steve Cridge
on Nov 17, 2011 at 1:52:17 pm

Thanks to all the replys - much more happy now in going down the BMD route.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]