FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Compatibility w/ A Gateway Tower

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Hamilton
Intensity Pro Compatibility w/ A Gateway Tower
on Nov 11, 2011 at 5:36:38 pm

I'll be involved in a streaming event, and will need to install two Intensity Pros into a PC to make this work. My Producer has sent me a tower that he would like to purchase to do this, and before he makes the steps to purchase it, I would like to know that this computer will work for with the Intensity Pro and that I will have room for two of them. Unfortunately I am not getting much info from the Best Buy site, so I was wondering if anyone who knew better could help me.

Here is the tower:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_d...>190

Thanks in advance for the help.

Return to posts index

Nicolas Mayer
Re: Intensity Pro Compatibility w/ A Gateway Tower
on Nov 14, 2011 at 5:54:06 pm

So far I have had serious intensity pro compatibility issues with recent sandy bridge Gateway and Acer towers. I phoned Blackmagic support, who told me that the motherboards might be the source of the problem (both branded Acer). They claim that PC makers sometimes sell towers that are actually not up to full specs, with PCIe x1 slots not actually offering full bandwidth (yes, it sounds crazy), and that it causes problems with demanding video hardware.

Supposedly HP towers tend to be the most reliable with their products; I bought an HP tower after returning the other two, and the same intensity pro card worked fine on it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]