FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM TVS program outputs question...

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Powers
ATEM TVS program outputs question...
on Nov 8, 2011 at 9:18:41 pm

So, I read this at BM's FAQ about the ATEM TVS,

"The Television Studio only has 1 output which is program and the H.264 chip is hard wired into that output. So there is no way to capture more than 1 stream using the Television Studio."

It says there is only one program output, whereas the connection diagram for the TVS on this page ( http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/atemtelevisionstudio/models/ ) clearly shows the h.264 feed to computer, PLUS 2 SDI program outputs and an HDMI program out....

So - anyone who has this switcher, can you verify that there is more than one program output (ie, if I want to capture program to my computer as well as send it to projectors)?

Thanks for any clarification.

-Chris

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: ATEM TVS program outputs question...
on Nov 8, 2011 at 11:07:34 pm

Hi Chris,

You've misread the FAQ which is published by our distributor.

The statement only refers to the number of H.264 output.

The ATEM TV Studio also has 2 more SD/HD-SDI and 1 HDMI program output.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Chris Powers
Re: ATEM TVS program outputs question...
on Nov 16, 2011 at 6:21:16 pm

OK, Thanks for the response Kristian,

I bought the ATEM TVS and now I have another question (posting here rather than making another thread)

I've plugged the chassis into my computer via Ethernet and have the chassis plugged into a monitor so I can see the multiview (which is really cool).

When I first open the switcher software a preferences box comes up asking "Where is your Atem Switcher chassis?" It then has the default ATEM IP address and tells me that this is the network address for my switcher.

Great, I hit Ok and all is well. I can push the buttons and it works on the monitor screen.

However, if I ever try to drop a graphic into the graphic pool, OR if I just wait long enough, the switcher "disconnects" and I get the dialog box again asking where my chassis is. I hit "ok" and all is well again until I try to upload a graphic, or - like i said, just wait long enough.

My actual network connection still says it's connected during these strange lapses and wiggling the Ethernet cable produces no results (so, in my simple mind that means there's no bad connection).

Any ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks to anyone with any thoughts!

-Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]