FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multibridge Pro - 1080p Capture

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Braun
Multibridge Pro - 1080p Capture
on Nov 3, 2011 at 8:15:21 pm

I'm trying to capture 1080p video using a Multibridge Pro and Media Express 3.03. I can't seem to get any input in the Media Express window with any 1080p setting. I've tried pretty much every frame rate and Capture file format and nothings working. I've tried using HDMI and component and neither works for me. I've also tried checking "Use 1080p not 1080PsF" in the settings and I'm still getting nowhere.

I'm trying to capture out of an xbox 360 if that helps. I thought maybe it had something to do with copy protection but I thought using component would remedy that if that was the case.

Any advice would be very helpful. I'm an audio guy trying to get this done since our video guy is gone and I'm really running out of things to try. Maybe this just isn't possible?

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Multibridge Pro - 1080p Capture
on Nov 4, 2011 at 9:37:43 am

Hi Nick,

As far as I am aware the Xbox 360 will only output 1080p at 50 or 60Hz, which are not formats the Multibridge can capture via HDMI. I believe the HDCP on the Xbox will only kick in when playing videos or DVDs.

1080i50 or 60, or 720p50 or 60 should capture OK. But you would need to switch to this in the Xbox's display settings, and change the capture format in the capture application.

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Nick Braun
on Nov 4, 2011 at 2:31:49 pm

Thanks for the information!

I'm assuming the 50 or 60 hz you're referring to is the refresh rate the xbox 360 is outputting the 1080p video at? Can the Multibridge Pro capture 1080p at any other refresh rates? If so can you tell me what those might be? Is there a way to convert a source to this refresh rate?

Or can the Multibridge Pro capture 1080p out of a 360 using component cables?

I really need to do a capture at 1080p even if I have to get some additional/different hardware.

Thanks again for the help!

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:47:28 pm

Hi Nick,

50 or 60Hz would indeed the refresh rate.

It's only possible to take 1080p50/60 into the Multibridge via SDI.

With certain applications, in particular Media Express, Premiere Pro etc. it is possible to capture 1080p25/30. However I don't believe the Xbox can output these lower progressive formats.

Of our capture card range only the DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+ is capable of capturing 1080p50/60 over HDMI.

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Nick Braun
on Nov 4, 2011 at 7:54:19 pm

I think I was confused and said refresh rate when I really meant frame rate. Anyway, I think I'm on the right track now...

So if I'm understanding correctly, the SDI input on the Multibridge Pro can handle 1080p at 60fps. If that is the case, can I purchase the Black Magic Mini Converter HDMI to SDI to for this purpose? This would allow me to convert 1080p 60fps HDMI to 1080p 60ffps SDI for capturing out of the xbox 360.

Assuming this product will allow this, will it introduce enough latency to make it difficult to play games on the 360 while trying to capture footage?

Thanks again for all of the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]