FORUMS: list search recent posts

Important: Video Game Streaming w/ Mac OS

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon O'Connell
Important: Video Game Streaming w/ Mac OS
on Nov 3, 2011 at 3:32:28 pm

Hey everybody! Basically, I am going to be setting up a live stream on twitch.tv which will stream me playing the game Halo: Reach competitively. I know pretty much nothing on the technology required behind this, but I what that I need to get started. The following information is the "specifications" of a really good quality stream that I enjoy and want to model my stream after:

Dell Studio XPS 9100
Hauppauge Colossus Capture Card
Xsplit(?)
ArcSoft(?)

But the only issue is, I will be using a 2010 Macbook Pro and the "Hauppauge Colossus Capture Card" isn't compatible with Mac OS so I've been looking around at Blackmagic because I know they have great stuff that also works with Mac OS. So, I need recommendations on the IDEAL Blackmagic capture card to help me live stream with no lag, no video problems, and excellent quality (hopefully 1080p).

P.S. - I'm not sure what "Xsplit" or "ArcSoft" are, so if anyone could elaborate on those, that would be great. THANKS FOR READING :)

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Important: Video Game Streaming w/ Mac OS
on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:13:07 am

Hi Brandon,

Unfortunately, we don't have a solution for a non Thunderbolt enabled Macbook Pro. If you have a Thunderbolt enabled Mac, then you could use one of our Thunderbolt device such as UltraStudio 3D to provide a live input to your system, and possible use the Wirecast software to manage your stream.

If I'm not mistaken, Xsplit is a broadcasting software on the Windows platform that allows you to mix between video input sources as well as your desktop while Arcsoft is a video editing software.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]