Atem Television studio no SD formats?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefano Sarzi Madidini
Atem Television studio no SD formats?
on Oct 28, 2011 at 1:16:18 pm

Hello,
I have an Atem Television studio with latest firmware 2.6
I would like to work in PAL format, but in "set video standard" menu I have only HD formats; no PAL neither NTSC.

What am I doing wrong??

Thank you

Stefano

Return to posts index

Stefano Sarzi Madidini
Re: Atem Television studio no SD formats?
on Oct 29, 2011 at 4:22:36 pm

Hello,
any hint on this?
I know that from 2.0 software the mixer is supposed to be compatible with SD.

Please BM say something... :-)

Thank you

Stefano

Return to posts index

Ken Wilson
on Nov 1, 2011 at 3:09:41 pm

I also would like to hear from a Blackmagic rep as to when they anticipate the ATEM TVS will support SD SDI.

Return to posts index

Joe D'Onghia
on Nov 2, 2011 at 5:43:34 am

Hi,
SD is not implemented yet on the ATEM Television Studio. This will be enabled in an upcoming firmware update.

Joe D'Onghia
New Magic Australi

Return to posts index

Daniel Dootson
on Nov 2, 2011 at 2:07:37 pm

Joe,
How long before the "upcoming" firmware update? My state is cutting my budget spend it or lose it.
I want to purchase but I can't have a piece of inoperable gear sitting around, my supervisor frowns on expensive doorstops.
At this point I have only Sd cams with the hopes of upgrading to HD in the future.
I need a new switcher now but can't waste money on an sd - another future doorstop.
Can we get a date?
And why do you guys advertise functionality that doesn't work? - sounds like false advertising - something frowned upon here in the states during these tough budget times at state schools
Thanks
Dan

Return to posts index

Stefano Sarzi Madidini
on Nov 2, 2011 at 3:22:46 pm

Dan,
I feel the same way...
I need couple of that for a big job in december, on tech specs on BM site and manuals there is no mention about lack of SD.

From the site:

SD Format Support 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC.

Plus, on the release notes of 2.0 fw

What's new in ATEM 2.0

• New Standard Definition Video Formats.
• General performance and stability improvements.

So... it was there in 2.0 and not in 2.6??

Please BM, I have to know if I can use this switchers in a month from now for my work or if I have to return it back...

Best Regards

Stefano

Return to posts index

Daniel Dootson
on Nov 2, 2011 at 10:43:58 pm

Stefano,
Have you purchased already?
As Joe mentions that it will be a firmware update and it sounds like 2.0 of the software has it set up but we have to wait and I'd like to know how long it will be before the firmware is released.

I don't understand why BM would release HD before SD seems kind of backwards, as most of us small timers still have to use SD before we can upgrade to HD.

In fact it sounds like something Microsoft would do, release software and let the consumer find the bugs!

Come on BM, I really want to buy your product but I need it to be functional for my needs now and as advertised.

Return to posts index

Joe D'Onghia
on Nov 2, 2011 at 11:07:46 pm

Hi,
Just to clarify - I am not from Blackmagic. The information I have is that getting SD into the Television Studio is the main focus of the developers at this point. I would anticipate it will be a matter of weeks not mths away.

Joe D'Onghia
New Magic Australia

Return to posts index

Daniel Dootson
on Nov 3, 2011 at 1:42:49 pm

Sorry Joe,
I should read instead of skim posts, as I saw magic in your sub and assumed from your knowledgeable post that you were affiliated with BM. Thanks for the information.
Dan

Return to posts index

Andy Jones
on Nov 28, 2011 at 9:40:55 pm

I recieved my ATEM TV Studio yesterday and was surprised to find out that there was still no SD options available. There is a new 2.7 release but this still does not include the SD option. This firmware needs to be released as many of us have bought this product for the SD/HD options. You don't advertise a feature and not include it.

Hopefully there will be a 2.8 firmware revision very soon that will include the SD option as most of my cameras are SDI not HD-SDI.

Return to posts index

Danhugh Gordon
Re: Atem Television studio SD/HD firmware
on Dec 12, 2011 at 12:58:59 am

I Will be purchasing the ATEM Television studio in a couple weeks and I am really hoping that the SD/HD firmware will be available by the. All I have now is just Professional SD cameras.

Return to posts index

Doug Fish
on Dec 12, 2011 at 2:28:55 am

Danhugh, it's here. The new software released just last week (2.7.1) brought SD support.

Return to posts index

Danhugh Gordon
on Dec 12, 2011 at 2:56:14 am

Thats Great. Does this mean that I dont have to buy the SD/HD converters? I was going to buy at least three so that I could use my Hitachi SD Cameras

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Feb 14, 2012 at 12:58:19 am

Where can I read the Release Notes? I can't find them on the website.

Does the latest release support mixed inputs (some HD and some SD?) My Panasonic AW-HS50 supports mixed inputs, but hard info from BMD seems hard to come by.

I was at a video show last week and the BMD representative suggested emailing BMD with this kind of question. But I don't see any email addresses on the BMD website and no apparent way of contacting them with this kind of question.

Return to posts index

Joe D'Onghia
on Feb 14, 2012 at 1:15:18 am

You cannot mix inputs on the ATEM's. Once you set the project resolution all inputs will be looking for that resolution. Anything that doesn't match will not be seen. So, if you want SD in an HD project you will need a miniconverter.

Joe D'Onghia
New Magic Australia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]