FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro support on recent motherboards

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Lawrence
Intensity Pro support on recent motherboards
on Oct 24, 2011 at 4:33:52 pm

I work for a company that produces digital signage software. For the past few weeks I have been adding support for the Intensity Pro as it is affordable yet offers much functionality. It works perfectly in my development PC but we are having a very hard time getting it to work in any other. I suspect the issue is motherboard support as my motherboard uses the H57 chipset (socket 1156) and all the ones we have tried are H61 or H67 (socket 1155). I realise that there is a list of supported motherboards in the support section but these are all older motherboards. We want to be able to put together a PC spec that hardware suppliers can put together in large quantities which pretty much rules out these older boards.

Are there any newer boards (socket 1155) that will work with the Intensity Pro? So far Blackmagic support have not been able to help. Small form factor boards are preferable but it is not a requirement.

Return to posts index

Tom Lawrence
Re: Intensity Pro support on recent motherboards
on Oct 24, 2011 at 5:23:00 pm

I forgot to add, the way it "doesn't work" is that the card makes the system lock up, either on startup or when it has been running for a few minutes.

Return to posts index

Dominik Twardowski
on Oct 25, 2011 at 10:39:14 am

Intel DQ67EP also not! working with Intesity pro PCIe !!!
Problem with install driver. No device in control manager.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/de...

Return to posts index

George Sey
on Oct 27, 2011 at 9:43:38 pm

As a common rule just use the mid-range to high-end ASUS boards. Let say Blackmagic support only ASUS and that is my personal view and a found out the hard way. I had a Gigabit board which did not work, A MSI also failed but the $120. oo worked good. My latest rig is a 960 on a Blazing Rampage Extreme 2 mobo (C$205.00) Great Audio, with 24gb RAM and had no problem with any driver.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]