FORUMS: list search recent posts

BlackMagic Intensity Pro Card a no show after installing

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Reis
BlackMagic Intensity Pro Card a no show after installing
on Oct 19, 2011 at 2:36:15 pm

3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC -- running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2

Installed the Black Magic Card, I believe its there as a PCI card, but not as a graphics card. Currently only sees ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB, I downloaded the latest software from Black MAgic. Still don't see it

Intensity Pro is in Slot 3

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: BlackMagic Intensity Pro Card a no show after installing
on Oct 21, 2011 at 10:20:18 am

Hi John,

The Intensity Pro works in a different way to a graphics card, so won't appear as such in the system. Please do make sure you have the latest Desktop Video driver installed on your system. You can download this from the support pages of the Blackmagic Design website here:

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support

The easiest way to determine whether the Intensity Pro card is recognised is to check the Blackmagic Design panel in the Mac's System Preferences. If all the options are selectable, it should be working fine.

If this looks fine, the easiest way to test the card is to use our Media Express application to capture and playback. This will be found in your Applications folder.

If you need any further assistance, please do get in touch with your regional support team you can send a support request using the support pages above, or find the support number on the following page:

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Lynn Peterson
Re: BlackMagic Intensity Pro Card a no show after installing
on Jan 12, 2013 at 10:09:29 pm

Funny Im having this same problem. I have installed the 9.6.9 software and have tried using Media express all I get is black screen. I am running 10.8.2 I can see it in system preferences as PCI card and I can see it in Media Express and am able to make changes in the settings screen but black screen only no picture. Funny on the box it even shows a mac tower as the set up example.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]