FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro - VGA to HDMI?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drake Hatfield
Intensity Pro - VGA to HDMI?
on Oct 18, 2011 at 5:34:27 pm

I recently tried to hookup a laptop via hdmi. I could get no signal to the Intensity Pro so I figured I would try a VGA to HDMI adapter. I bought the Aluratek AVH100F which is an extremely well-built piece of equipment, but I still cannot get a signal to the Intensity Pro.

How on earth does anyone get a VGA signal into the Intensity Pro card? This is not a bluray player or anything like that, this is just a Dell Studio 17 laptop. It has VGA, it has HDMI... I can't get anything to work with the Intensity Pro.

Note: The card works great with everything else I throw at it. HD camera in via HDMI, no problem. Xbox 360, no problem. I just can't get my dang laptop to get a signal to it! (And yes, I have tried every single resolution, every framerate, every single setting on the card and laptop.) If my laptop has HDCP then how would I check that or potentially disable it. I really doubt it has HDCP built into the standard display. Its just VGA.

If you have any thoughts, please help!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Intensity Pro - VGA to HDMI?
on Oct 20, 2011 at 3:03:12 am

VGA is an analog signal. DVI, HDMI, display port, mini display port are all digital signals. If you order a VGA to RGB breakout cable, this will not put out YPbPr signals with sync on green that professional video cards want to see.

SO, how do you do it - expensive scan converter.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Drake Hatfield
on Oct 20, 2011 at 3:08:43 pm

I was hoping to avoid that. I don't suppose there is an IN-expensive scan converter option? I'm a small fish. No budget for the $5000 scan converter, atleast right now.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 21, 2011 at 1:52:43 am

simple - you need a MAC ! Then you don't need to worry about
any scan converters. If you have a tower PC, get a DVI graphics card (they are cheap). If you have a VGA port on a PC laptop - well, I can't be of any help to you.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Drake Hatfield
on Nov 4, 2011 at 2:01:14 am

If I am at a conference and a client brings in a laptop with vga out (and nothing else) I can't tell them to go get a mac.

The main hurdle I'm running up against now is Blackmagic's definition of YUV, which does NOT seem to be YPbPr. Any thoughts? What YUV signal is it looking for? I am attempting to get VGA to component, rather than HDMI. Screw HDMI and HDCP...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]