FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM Workflow Questions

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tracy Peterson
ATEM Workflow Questions
on Oct 17, 2011 at 5:05:30 am

I'm working on a live show with our demo unit from Snader and Associates and I keep running into issues that I feel like there must be a better way to get them done.

1: What are the actual file formats? More than just TGA or whatever. What should the settings be, bit depth, size, etc.

2: I have run into an issue with using a numbered image stack as an animation, where the ATEM doesn't seem to respect the numbering scheme, should the numbers be presented in a certain way? PNG seem to work, if I don't use the 0 frame, but have issues with various types. It seems the media player starts the animation from the middle frame, resulting in incorrect playback.

3: How can PIP with a frame be accomplished with the keyers?

4: Sometimes a key works, sometimes it doesn't. I am not sure if I'm using correct images, so I can't really tell if I am getting a good test anyway. PNGs seem to work best so far.

5: Can the software eventually have more than just a smattering of key commands? I realize this conflicts with the broadcast panel business, but if the software was more open, it would make the device much more versatile.

6: Is there a plan for an IPAD app?

7: The photoshop plugin doesn't seem to work. The key simply doesn't work.

8: How can I create an animated lower third? I want to have a blank third animate in, revealing another key, which would just be the text, is that possible, or can I only have still thirds?

SO MANY QUESTIONS. Maybe I'm asking stuff that seems obvious to people who have used these switchers but please clue me in.

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]