FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM Workflow Questions

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tracy Peterson
ATEM Workflow Questions
on Oct 17, 2011 at 5:05:30 am

I'm working on a live show with our demo unit from Snader and Associates and I keep running into issues that I feel like there must be a better way to get them done.

1: What are the actual file formats? More than just TGA or whatever. What should the settings be, bit depth, size, etc.

2: I have run into an issue with using a numbered image stack as an animation, where the ATEM doesn't seem to respect the numbering scheme, should the numbers be presented in a certain way? PNG seem to work, if I don't use the 0 frame, but have issues with various types. It seems the media player starts the animation from the middle frame, resulting in incorrect playback.

3: How can PIP with a frame be accomplished with the keyers?

4: Sometimes a key works, sometimes it doesn't. I am not sure if I'm using correct images, so I can't really tell if I am getting a good test anyway. PNGs seem to work best so far.

5: Can the software eventually have more than just a smattering of key commands? I realize this conflicts with the broadcast panel business, but if the software was more open, it would make the device much more versatile.

6: Is there a plan for an IPAD app?

7: The photoshop plugin doesn't seem to work. The key simply doesn't work.

8: How can I create an animated lower third? I want to have a blank third animate in, revealing another key, which would just be the text, is that possible, or can I only have still thirds?

SO MANY QUESTIONS. Maybe I'm asking stuff that seems obvious to people who have used these switchers but please clue me in.

Tracy Peterson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved