FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM TV Studio: Successful HDMI cables?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Colgate
ATEM TV Studio: Successful HDMI cables?
on Oct 14, 2011 at 4:52:12 am

Howdy.

While most of the time, we will be using the SDI input connections on the TV Studio, we will want to be able to use the HDMI inputs as well.

So far, any cable we've tested longer than about 15 feet fails. We can use those cables (some up to 100') to feed monitors and other devices, but the ATEM TV studio rejects the connection. We wish the TV Studio was more sensitive in this respect. We are testing using an HMC-150 camera, and also with an AJA SDI to HDMI converter as an alternate source.

Can anyone recommend an HDMI cable that is 25' or longer, and has worked reliably with the TV Studio?

With thanks,

- Bruce Colgate

Return to posts index

Doug Fish
Re: ATEM TV Studio: Successful HDMI cables?
on Oct 14, 2011 at 5:12:49 am

The monoprice 30' 24 ga. HDMI cable I planned to use with the ATEM TVS would not pass the signal from the camera. Also tested a cheap 20' I had on hand that failed. I have a 6' and 10' mini-HDMI to HDMI cable that have worked flawlessly.

I plan to purchase and test a 30' Belden Series 1 from Blue Jeans Cable sometime over the coming week.

I'm surmising that the TVS is so finicky because it has to pull a strong signal in order to accurately sync the video inputs.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 15, 2011 at 9:39:25 pm

the real answer is to buy the Blackmagic HD-SDI to HDMI adaptor for $495 per channel. Then you can run a nice long 300' HD Coax cable, and use a 3' HDMI cable into the ATEM.

There are LOTS of HDMI extenders on the market that extend HDMI beyond 15'. Mux Labs, Gefen, SmartAVI, and countless others make HDMI extenders. This not only applies to the ATEM, but any HDMI application where you need a long HDMI run. "Thick cable" is not going to keep the digital signal nice and clean for the ATEM, or anything else.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bruce Colgate
on Oct 16, 2011 at 1:08:37 am

Hey Bob!

Yeah, HD-SDI is the way to go, of course, but I had hoped for native HDMI transmission a *bit* longer than 15', particularly when other equipment don't seem to be as limited.

That said, the ATEM TV Studio is still one heck of a deal. Will be using it Sunday for a commercial shoot, Tuesday for an investor's meeting, and Wednesday for a webcast. Will probably have it paid off by the end of the month.

Thanks again Bob!

- Bruce Colgate

Return to posts index

Kip Draper
on Oct 16, 2011 at 11:48:26 am

I've been using Atlona flat cables w/ the 1 M/E w/ great success. I currently use two 25' & one 50' to connect 3 Vixias. The 25-footers are always there & have never dropped. The 50-footer requires one unplug/plug-back-in at the switcher upon cold boot, but once it's warm, it's perfect & has never dropped.

Before the 1 M/E, I logged too many hours troubleshooting cheaper cables (~$1/foot) w/ multiple BMI Pros & Wirecast. ~$2/foot & 50' max seems to be the sweet spot for consistency/reliability in my case, but I have no reason to test further (yet), and I am thankful for that. A bargain for me & they are sharp-looking, slim, & easy to pull even 3 on top of one another.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 16, 2011 at 3:56:23 pm

Atlona is a wonderful manufacturer, and they define the type of company that makes HDMI extenders - and Atlona makes great ones.

Your question reminds me of people that are trying to use regular coax cable from Home Depot to run long HD-SDI runs for professional applications. You are a pro - buy the right cabling, buy the right equipment.

And for the record, you can't extend DVI, mini Display port, firewire, or all these other "new fangled" interfaces for long distances without THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT. Spend your money - buy the right stuff. Be a professional.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Fabio Cormack
on Oct 17, 2011 at 11:02:38 pm

Hi Kip,

Please, to connect the flat cables to the Vixias, what adapter (mini HDMI - HDMI) you use?

I have a Canon HFs-100 which I tried to use with BMD devices via HDMI, but seems the ordinary cables I use does not allow the HDMI signal to pass trough - they even makes the HMDI settings on the camcorder menu blinks and seems "locked" (although it works fine for my 7D/Ipad 2 and the same devices).

So I'll give the Atlona flat cables a try. One last question: what Vixias are you using please?

Thank you so much in advance,

Best,

Fabio Cormack
Davinci 8 - Tangent Wave - Decklink HD Extreme 3D+
Final Cut Suite
Adobe CS5.5 Suite
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Return to posts index

Kip Draper
on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:39:24 pm

I use HDMI female-to-HDMI mini male adapters to go into the cams. It can be a flimsy connection, but all of my cams are wall-mounted so I tack the HDMI strategically so that it bears the weight/pressure of the connection & not the adapter/cam's HDMI mini port.

If I were using tripods I'd use burly ones and tape or velcro the HDMI cable as described so that it's limp going into the cam, which is coincidentally easier w/ flat cable for me.

I lost the HDMI port on one of my HFS100s and since then have given both the delicate ports and the expensive cabling the attention/treatment required for consumer equipment on the bleeding edge.

My HDMI cams:
2 HF S100
1 HV 40
1 HF M40

Return to posts index

Fabio Cormack
on Oct 19, 2011 at 5:11:49 pm

Kip,

Thank you for your response, is great to know the HFS100 is working with ATEM TVS - I have one HSF100 (which I like very much) but I cannot make it work with BMD Decklink Extreme 3D or Intensity Pro boards - although it works with all TV and monitors HDMI inputs, so I was afraid it would not work with ATEM TVS.

But I'll give this flat cables a try. If the HDMI works fine I can save on SDI converters, as my cameras will be fixed as well and the cable lengths will not be more than 25'.

I'll also intend to buy 3 Sony CX130, on sale at B&H for 349.00 Please, did you have any experience with this cameras with the ATS?

Thank you once again!

Best,

Fabio Cormack
Final Cut Suite
Adobe CS5.5 Suite
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Return to posts index

Kip Draper
on Oct 20, 2011 at 10:23:43 pm

You must have a setting wrong; it should work on most 6' or under cables. For BMI Pro: is HDMI cable from HFS100 plugged into the outermost/bottom HDMI INPUT? The middle HDMI female next to the breakout cable connector is OUTPUT. Did you adjust the settings in BM Control Panel? I have HDMI/Component for "output", HDMI/HDMI for "input" and I have both input & output processing "off".

Set HFS100 to 1080i, 60i, then go to Media Express, edit, prefs, set to 1080i 59.94, and you should have capture from the HFS100.

I have not used that Sony but I have used a $150 Toshiba X-100 full HD and it looks outstanding for $150! I use it for closeups sometimes when I need small & unobtrusive. The CX-130 should be close to the HFS100 I would guess at a glance. I might grab one...

Return to posts index

Fabio Cormack
on Oct 21, 2011 at 5:29:10 pm

I tried both ports on the BMD boards, and with different cables, checking the menu on both OSX preferences and Media Express - I could have the Canon 7D working, but not the HFS100. I also check every item on the HSF100 menu, several times. Wen you say "Set HFS100 to 1080i, 60i," you mean on the HFS100 menu, right?

I'll try one more time...

I'll definitely check the Toshiba X-100 ! Did you test it via HDMI also?

I found this link at B&H, but the price is 229.00 - is it the same camera

Thank so much for all your information, it is helping a lot on my purchase decision!
Have a great weekend!

Fabio Cormack
Final Cut Suite
Adobe CS5.5 Suite
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Return to posts index

Doug Fish
on Oct 21, 2011 at 9:41:24 pm

Frustrated again. Received and tested the Belden Series 1 30' cable, and the ATEM TVS won't take a signal from it at all. Gives a fine picture to my monitor, though.

Wrote an e-mail to Blackmagic support, I guess I'll see what they say.

Return to posts index

Jarod Breshears
on Oct 22, 2011 at 1:55:24 am

I did a production this week with 2 50' foot cables and a 100' cable and they carried signal with the help of $20 HDMI In-Line Extenders (Auvio-the company who made them) I purchased from Radio Shack. The set-up was the longer cable from the camera to the In-line Extender and a 3' Cable to the ATEM. It worked wonderfully. I should note, that the 100' cable I purchsed has an additional signal booster built into the cable as well so that might have helped the 100' signal, but the 50's were stand alone cables.

100' Cable from KanexPro with built in Signal Booster
2 50' Cables from Xtreme with Ethernet 1.4
3 Auvio HDMI In-Line Extenders

I hope this helps! It worked great for me.

Return to posts index

Doug Fish
on Oct 22, 2011 at 3:21:39 pm

Jarod, I have attempted to use an HDMI extender from monoprice (picked it up for insurance) with the same result--no picture. Are you using the ATEM 1/ME, or the TVS?

Seems Blackmagic set the bar for the HDMI handshake awful high with the ATEM TVS to avoid issues.

I wish there was some way to see what was happening when the ATEM is negotiating a connection, to tell me what it doesn't like about my cable.

I don't want to convert to SDI or perform any other conversion for two reasons: (1) I don't want to introduce delay, and (2) This camera will be wall-mounted, and adding a converter box will clutter up the install.

If I'm sticking with HDMI, then, the only option I have left is to send the Belden cable back and try the Atlona cable at 30'.

It just amazes me that I have 3 rinky-dink 30 ga. mini-HDMI cables, 6 ft., 10 ft., and 15 ft., and they all latch on and deliver a perfect signal. Yet, I take these big snake HDMI cables that are 30 ft. long and 24 ga. and hook them up, but get nothing (to the ATEM TVS at least--other inputs, like on my HDTV, are fine with them).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're only delivering a 1080i signal here--doable for any standard-speed HDMI cable--so I can only conclude that the ATEM TVS is checking for specs in the cable during the handshake process that exceed the requirements of the product itself. Or can any of our resident Blackmagic guys tell us what is making the ATEM TVS fail to receive a signal at longer distances than 15 feet (for me, at least)? I've already purchased 2 cables at 30' that do not work, and I'd like to make my next purchase with more knowledge and less trial and error (or error and error, as I've experienced thus far).

Return to posts index

Jarod Breshears
on Oct 22, 2011 at 9:54:25 pm

Doug,

I called the guys at Blackmagic before I tried the successful setup that I had and the only thing they told me is that they view HDMI as a consumer connection and if your cable doesn't meet the spec they set, then the TVS will not show a signal. And yes, it's the TVS I am using. The In-Line Extenders I am using are powered to boost the signal. Maybe that is the combination, I am not sure. What I know is that I was able with the three extenders I used, I ran 2-50' and 1 100' cable.

Return to posts index

Doug Fish
on Oct 23, 2011 at 2:43:30 am

Jarod, I decided to take your advice and try the Auvio In-Line Extender. Ran to Radio Shack and grabbed it just minutes before closing.

Unfortunately, still no success. Both 30' cables, the monoprice 24 ga. and the Belden Series 1, failed to deliver a signal even when connected to the Auvio In-Line Extender, both with my camcorder and my laptop. Again, the unit works fine with my 6', 10' and 15' mini-HDMI to HDMI cables, but nothing seems to work past that.

I have heard that some people are getting a signal at longer distances from Atlona cables (25' and 50'), Xtreme cables (50 ft. with extender) and even Link Depot Cables (25'), which is why I keep trying to make this work. I've got good quality cables, but can't get a signal even with an extender. What gives?

I can't keep throwing my money and time at this. If there's some magic ingredient in an HDMI cable that the ATEM TVS is looking for, Blackmagic needs to tell us what it is.

Return to posts index

Jarod Breshears
on Oct 23, 2011 at 5:35:44 am

I have the same frustrations with Blackmagic. I wish they would communicate more about what they are looking for in specs.

Return to posts index

Kip Draper
on Oct 22, 2011 at 3:23:06 am

Yes I was referring to cam menu: I'm at 24MXP, 60i, 1080i, HDMI control is off. You might reset the cam to factory default then mimic these settings.

Confirm the BMI Pro still works w/ other cam & current Mac. Confirm HFS100 HDMI port works through other means like HDMI to TV playback. Test component from cam @ 1080i to BMI Pro component inputs. Try Wirecast(1080i 59.94 deinterlaced) & FME (1080i 59.94 29.97fps deinterlaced) to see if you can get a live picture.

I picked up the tiny but fullHD X-100 for $169/free ship on a newegg sale. I'm not recommending it necessarily, but brand-name fullHD for under $170 is a super cheap HDMI backup cam for me that I can also tripod close to the stage floor & not feel any pain when it's inevitably kicked over.

Return to posts index

Dominik Twardowski
on Oct 25, 2011 at 11:31:12 am

I have tested my cables first with atem 1.
My long cables working ok (max 15 meters).
I used sony V1 for tests and dell notebook with hdmi.

And when my new ATEM TVS arrived
I make test again on TVS and long cables NOT!!! working.

I used 1.4 hdmi AWG 24 spec. 10 meters and 15 meters.

Yes in meters I am form Poland :)

Something wrong with TVS?

Return to posts index

Kip Draper
on Oct 25, 2011 at 4:22:20 pm

And if you tested same cables on a different ATEM 1 M/E, I bet you would have differing results as well. This was obvious when I was testing w/ 5 different Intensity Pro cards. Same inconsistent results w/ AverMedia HDMI cards and about 20 different 1.4 HDMI, ~$3/meter cabling of varying lengths, thickness, & manuf. (they're all made in China).

I threw up my hands and threw money at it when it became obvious that the 1 M/E itself was not the answer to my HDMI woes. I'm not ready to throw the SDI cash yet, but ~$6/meter cabling(read entire thread) finally produced sufficient consistency & reliability on my 1 M/E.

Would like to hear others' results and I will eventually test the Atlona flat cables on multiple Intensity/Aver cards, but it will not be soon. I've concluded that HDMI, just like its Firewire predecessor, works most of the time on a good day under normal circumstances.

Return to posts index

Doug Fish
on Oct 25, 2011 at 5:13:02 pm

Not much in the way of helpful information from Blackmagic in response to my e-mail--basically said don't use HDMI over 15 feet, and use their converters for longer distances.

As Kip said, the results just don't seem to make sense. I can daisy chain a 15' 30 ga. mini-HDMI to HDMI cable with a 6' cable (passive extender in between) and get a signal. But a 12' 24 ga. cable with a mini-HDMI adapter gives no signal.

Kip, I just ordered a 30' Atlona flat cable, I'll see what happens.

Return to posts index

Bruce Colgate
on Oct 25, 2011 at 5:30:29 pm

If I had to guess, and that seems to be as good a method as we have here so far, it would appear that the "sharpness" of the transition, or slew, is what the TVS is most interested in. Obviously, this is largely due to the capacitance of the cables in question - the lower the capacitance, the sharper the transition from off to on, or on to off. Evidently the TVS is very discriminating in this regard, and has little tolerance for gradual transitions. The TVS may also get confused if there is significant crosstalk - again, a guess.

Knowing this now, my only wish is that the TVS had been built with the SDI connections 1-4, and the HDMI connections as 3-6. Not a big deal. Have already spent the $900 or so in BMD converters for HDMI to HD-SDI connections. Still a wonderful product for the $$.

- Bruce Colgate

Return to posts index

Fabio Cormack
on Oct 26, 2011 at 12:30:13 pm

Guys take a look on this post I create about this, with an article from Peter, Producer at TTFNTV

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/124/878105

I think worth the reading

Best,

Fabio Cormack
Final Cut Suite
Adobe CS5.5 Suite
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Return to posts index

Kip Draper
on Oct 30, 2011 at 7:33:59 pm

Fabio, any luck w/ Atlona or did you postpone? Also I noticed Amazon had that little X-100 for $155 a few days ago. Your link leaving this forum takes me to a welcome post w/ 1 reply whether I'm logged-in over there or not. Care to summarize? I can guess the consensus, but this is an extreme hobby, or on-the-cheap studio for myself. After the 1M/E purchase, I'd love to toss a few HD-SDI cams on the CC, but I'm 6-months justifying (to her) the NEED for my first pro cam. ;)

I hope I don't come off as promoting pricey HDMI as the way to go; From my reading, Bob is absolutely correct to recommend converters over HDMI cable. [but Bob have you evaluated that ultra bling $1000/meter HDMI? ;) ] If the converters had been $295 when I paid same ballpark for 1 50' & 2 25' Atlona cables, I would have purchased at least one converter. However, 2 @ $800 creeps close to 50% of the cost for an HD-SDI cam. With the price drop, I think I made the right call to keep the cash in my pro cam piggy bank. Plus, I have 4 top-shelf Vixias that are finally rock-solid, never leave a well-lit studio, and only broadcast to the Internet, so I doubt 90% of my audience could pick the HD-SDI shot out of an HDMI line-up.

Waiting in hindsight would have been the best call lol, but I had shows to do & haven't noticed BMD knock $100 off of any product under $500. I'm betting their heavy duty was to be released priced @$100 more, and disappointing numbers on regular mini conv priced same as AJA & Atlona converters triggered Plan B. I'm sure that spike is still rocketing, and competing converters @ $100 more are in the dregs.

Undercutting w/ as good or better quality and/or features is BMD's game plan w/ this market, and I was miffed & curious that HDMI mini conv were exact same price as AJA conv. Good companies move fast and will stand up & box, but I haven't noticed any takers moving towards the ring, and I don't know much about the industry, but I get the sense most won't turn to fight until it's too late. It's similar to the CDNs continuing to gouge & torture their captives while AWS and the Allies detonate nukes right on top of them.

Return to posts index

Fabio Cormack
on Oct 31, 2011 at 4:12:00 pm

Hi Kip,

sorry for taking so long to reply, very busy this end of month...

I'll be at my daughter's house in Houston (I'm in Brazil) from Nov 8th, so there I can order/return things far easier then Brazil - so from there I'll test the Atlona and the X-100 and some Canon Vixias and of course all cabling and ATEM hardware, to decide what I'll buy.

Basically the post on the link I put was discussing the benefits of going SDI if you need to move cameras around, or HDMI for a better cost and for fixed cameras due to HDMI fragile connection. In my case I'll start with HDMI and see the results with different cables (including Atlona), to decide if I'll really need to invest on SDI transcoders and cabling, as my cameras will be basically be steady on a fixed point at a studio - mostly the exactly same thing you do with your setup, and for internet streaming too :-)

Anyway at least 1 BMD HDMI-SDI converter I intend to buy, as the new lower price is (a little more) attractive for such product.

Another totally different approach in my case would be: instead of 2 or 3 consumer cameras plus expensive HDMI cables or SDI kits, go straight to 1 Canon XF-105, the ATEM switcher and 1 BMD converter for my HFS-100, saving money for future Pro cameras... but well, I don't know... let me do the tests... is a lot of money on 1 camera, and I use HDSLRs for my films...

I keep you posted about my results - I'll even try to put all some tests on my channel at You Tube so we can follow together

By the way, do you have any video recorded with your Vixias and the ATEM you could share?

Have a great week!

Fabio Cormack
Final Cut Suite
Adobe CS5.5 Suite
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Return to posts index

Vladimir Philogene
on Nov 25, 2011 at 11:35:45 pm

I planned to buy the ATEM studion television, and connect all my cameras with hdmi cables, if i understand well it won't work with cables longer than 15 feets? or else to have hdmi booster, is that' right?

http://www.seulement-ecouter.com

Return to posts index

Bruce Colgate
on Nov 26, 2011 at 6:23:12 am

Hi VP,

It would seem that the safe money is to limit the HDMI connection to 15'. We've tested with various different builds of cable, and have also tested passive, active and externally powered active extenders. All have fallen short of what I would define as good, solid connectivity.

For us, everything now is SDI for the BMD TVS, even though the glue now costs more than the switcher itself, though, these days, it is increasingly common for what used to be "big ticket" items to cost less than the gear around it to make it work. FCP needed much more than $1K of gear to make it work properly. Most of our HD cameras cost less than the Sachtler Video 25-II tripod some of them sit on, and some of the cameras are worth less than the lenses we put on the front of said cameras.

Still, we should all send a thank you basket to Grant Petty for making these cool tools inexpensive enough for the common man to own.

- Bruce Colgate

Return to posts index

Doug Fish
on Nov 26, 2011 at 7:34:21 am

VP, I did a lot of experimentation before I found a solution for my setup that allowed me to use HDMI for all my cameras. I was able to get a Panasonic SD800K to work over 31' of HDMI by using the following configuration:

Camera>10' mini-HDMI to HDMI cable, 30 ga.>passive HDMI booster>15' HDMI cable, 24 ga.>active HDMI booster>6' HDMI cable, 24 ga.>ATEM TVS

By putting an active booster on the camera end after the 10' cable, and a passive booster on the TVS end, I had success with a 30' HDMI cable, 24 ga. and could send the signal a total of 41'. I would imagine you could daisy chain active boosters and HDMI lengths, but at some point that would be cumbersome since you have to find a power source multiple times along the run. For my setup, I wanted the passive booster on the camera end because this was a wall mounted camera and I didn't want to clutter the install up with another piece of equipment that required power.

I had a horrible time with mini-HDMI to HDMI adapters. Apparently there is too much signal loss in making the connections. Anything over 6' with an HDMI adapter would fail to provide a signal. Ironically, the 30 ga. mini-HDMI to HDMI cables at 10' and 15' work without a hitch.

I think a big variable in whether you will get a signal or not without boosting the signal is something you will not find any technical specifications on whatsoever, and that is the strength of the HDMI signal being sent from the video source. I think some cameras are engineered to amplify the signal, and some (like the Panasonic high-end consumer camcorders I am using) are not.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Matt Bonfield
on Jan 28, 2012 at 4:04:28 pm

Interestingly enough, with the new 2.8 firmware released on Jan 23, with the ATEM Television Studio, my issue with the length of HDMI runs is resolved.

There's a catch though, while in the control software, you have to adjust the native 1080i/59.97 down to something else... NTSC or whatever you want... then switch BACK to the default 1080i/59.97 and suddenly your inputs with long runs will appear.

I tested this with a 50 ft 24 ga HDMI from monoprice that NEVER worked previously as an input, and BAM, it worked. And again, when it is first plugged in, it is nothing but black until I switch away and switch back. Befuddling to say the lease.

I also tested an HDMI extender from Monoprice:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10105&cs_id=10...

I am using 100' of CAT6 UTP in between with two 15 ft runs on both ends. This also never worked in this configuration until the latest firmware and adjusting away and back the input modes.

I have tested each for over 3 hours of solid production without a hitch. It seems once it's on, it's on. I hope this workaround helps some of you out there.

Return to posts index

Steven Orsinelli
on Feb 19, 2013 at 7:44:49 pm

As a high school video teacher trying to upgrade all my studio analog gear to HD, I also am thinking of purchasing the Black magic ATEM $995.00 unit for our student run studio. However, after reading and searching countless reviews of this product, it seems to be a big headache setting this thing up. I think Black magic should be more clear on what it takes to run this product. I agree it is a great price for a high quality switcher but I had to do tons of research to find out that their are audio sync problems and that I need to buy the Behringer SRC unit to fix this, as well as other items like the HDMI lengths and work arounds.

Has anyone purchased the Panasonic AG-HMX 100 HD switcher? From what I understand it seems to work right out of the box, simple and straight forward. Or does anyone have any other suggestions other than the Black Magic unit?

Thanks Steve

Return to posts index

Bruce Colgate
on Feb 20, 2013 at 3:31:31 pm

Based on what you've said, I agree that the BMD ATEM TVS is not the product for your application. It seems you'd want a box that it straightforward and can take a beating - something with knobs and buttons that is easily understood. Though I've never used the HMX100 HD unit, I've never been unhappy with any of the Panny switchers.

- Bruce Colgate

Return to posts index

Steven Orsinelli
on Feb 21, 2013 at 4:46:42 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it pal.
Steve

Return to posts index

Carlton Whyte
on Jun 23, 2012 at 2:53:23 pm

This 100' HDMI cable and splitter combination works: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LJQNAG/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WPAU38/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

I had bought these for output from the ATEM TVS, but just decided to try them from my cam going into the ATEM TVS. The 100' cable runs from the camera to the splitter, and a short HDMI cable goes from the splitter to the ATEM TVS. The image quality is the same as if I only used a 6' HDMI cable.

Carlton

Return to posts index

john ashdown
on Aug 31, 2012 at 12:56:55 pm

I would recommend checking KVMSwitchTech. They offer quite a few
HDMI Cable and HDMI Extender solutions that work pretty well.

Return to posts index

Jyotibrata Dey
on Jun 3, 2013 at 2:19:56 pm

just connect hdmi splitter amplifier..increase input cable length upto 15 meter but output length 5 meter(max)..it wiil work nicely..i have tested using a cheap 1to4 way hdmi splitter amplifier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]