So I bit the bullet and purchased the ATEM TV Studio yesterday, even after having tons of issues with the H.264 Pro encoder. Was wondering who here has had and used this unit (I know they are REALLY new and may not be out en mass yet). I am going from Sony FX1 cams to a RGB to HDMI converter to the inputs on the ATEM. Wanted to know the following:
1) What is the best computer to use for the switching software (as in CPU and RAM, will be on a Win 7 64 but Ultimate OS).
2) Best way to go about getting it to an analog output, I will be going to a variety of projectors for large screen live IMAG and multicam events. I know I will need an adaptor/scaler...looking to stay cost sensitive....
3) Any issues to look out for in live switching, either software (what file types the players can use, best overlays to use (file type) and such.
4) Any other input you all have....
Thanks in advance, I am used to using the older style analog video mixers/switchers and this is new to me.
3) Have only used png files, but have had no problems with them whatsoever--after getting them in the ATEM TVS. Your mileage may vary.
4) Used a SRC2496 and an RCA to BNC cable to feed digital audio out to the ATEM TVS in the required AES/EBU format. Will be using the same computer I use to control for feeding stills/video by using the 2nd monitor out on my video card.
Had concerns about A/V sync, but those have so far been unfounded. H.264 recordings have been good as long as I have sufficient lighting, but in Media Express the preview and recorded video are noticably darker than what my ATEM TVS preview display shows.