<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristian Lam
Steve Jobs
on Oct 6, 2011 at 12:36:01 am

Hi,

Below is a message from Grant:

--------

Hi,

I was shocked to hear today that Steve Jobs has just passed away.

This is horrendous news and from everyone here at Blackmagic Design, our deepest condolences go to his family, and everyone at Apple.

I personally would not be where I am today without Steve Jobs.

The reason is to understand my background. Back in 1981, when our family was living in a country town, population only about 3000, in government housing, and without any money, our school at least had an Apple II computer.

I started learning how to use it, to program it, and I read the magazines in our school library that explained more about that little computer. The inspiring part was these magazines had articles where Steve Jobs talked about software and hardware and what the future of computers could be about.

I learnt more than just programming, but something else deeper.

It was by reading these magazines that I realized that it did not matter where I was, how poor I was or what background I came from, I could be part of a global development community that created products and software.

Even great software and great products. Products that did important things.

I was infected by the idea that I could create things, and it could be extremely exciting. Later I was inspired to try and do everything possible to make products that could try and live up to the Apple ideals he created.

No one in this industry was like that.

Steve Jobs built Apple, however indirectly, thought his ideas, he built thousands of other companies doing great products. He gave millions of people creative energy that did, in fact, change the world.

Blackmagic Design would not have existed without him and the other people at Apple that were inspired by him. We all owe him a great deal.

It's a very very sad day.

Regards,

Grant Petty
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
Re: Steve Jobs
on Oct 6, 2011 at 12:40:56 am

Yes, very sad indeed.

The very first editing system I designed and built was in 1979 using an Apple II computer.

Sam Cole
On line Mastering Facility
FCP, Avid, Adobe
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
Re: Steve Jobs
on Oct 6, 2011 at 8:33:11 am

“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

– Steve Jobs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]