FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro not capturing video

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Hope
Intensity Pro not capturing video
on Oct 2, 2011 at 12:41:42 am

I just purchased an intensity pro today. I have spent the past 6 hours trying to make it capture HDMI from my PS3 with no luck. I have used the latest driver from the Blackmagic website, 8.5, and it does not work, no video coming through no matter what guide or walk through I use. I have tried older installs as well and they also seem to have no effect.

Also on every install, my output monitor simply flashes between what seems like off, and signal. However the signal is just more black, but its a lighter black..... Yeah

An Additional problem I have with 8.5, it does not give me an option for Decklink in FME or any other application. When I attempt to start Livekey *which hasn't worked in any of my versions* I get the error "Can't create Decklink Video Capture filter".

Any insight into my problem?

Specs:
Intel i7-2600k
Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3
8GB Mushkin Redline 1866Mhz
nVidia 260 GTX

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
Re: Intensity Pro not capturing video
on Oct 2, 2011 at 1:21:35 am

Yeah....I have had a ton of issues with mine as well and really am disappointed in BM products at this point. Problems with this, the H.264 Pro is just junk, and they never release things on time....looking for other options at this point....good luck!

Regards

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Tom Hope
on Oct 2, 2011 at 2:53:54 am

I have managed to make some progress. Seems it has to do with HDMI encryption and they device will not capture it. So I changed it out to a component cable and it worked instantly. The only issue I have now, the video out is not working

Return to posts index

Kip Draper
on Oct 2, 2011 at 10:49:19 pm

Sounds to me like you need to go into the Blackmagic Control Panel (in Windows CP) and adjust input/output. Then adjust in Media Express to get a picture there.

To my knowledge, Livekey is only there for Decklink.

And always buy the best HDMI cables you can afford/justify, or have a closet full of cheap ones to test until you get the magic combination. Then be prepared to begin anew when you power-up again.

I've had the best luck Atlona flat cables (orange/gold connectors): on an ATEM 1 M/E, they've never failed to register in 25'-&-under lengths. The 50-footer can require a few plugs/unplugs on power-up, but it's solid after warming-up & has never dropped on me. Coincidentally, I'm bringing Program from the 1 M/E into a BMI Pro via a 25ft HDMI run & it's perfect so far.

And I no longer drop them from the ceiling nor trample them into a box or drawer; I pamper them like they cost ~$2/foot because they do but worth every dollar to me.

Return to posts index

Tom Hope
on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:04:39 am

I have the card working almost perfectly. Here is my setup:

PS3 -> Component -> HDMI out
360 -> HDMI -> HDMI out

The only issue I have now is this.... Whenever I changed my input to pull from the RCA Audio.... All I get is a constant screeching and the levels in Media Express are at max. If something is connected or not... Why is that happening? Its my last issue. My current workaround is to not have anything connected to that cable, and instead use RCA to mini-jack cables and use the Microphone in jack which does the trick but its not ideal.

Return to posts index

Tom Hope
on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:13:22 am

PS3 -> Component -> HDMI out
360 -> HDMI -> HDMI out

Seems you can't capture video from the PS3 using HDMI... Right now at least.

I have found 1 issue with my setup, it could be the older version of Desktop Video I am running, I think its 8.0.1 and the current is 8.5, if I switch from my PS3 to my 360 in the control panel, it will work fine. But is I go from my 360 to my PS3 more than once it just craps out on the RCA audio. A reboot fixes it... but its a tad annoying.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]