FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hyperdeck Studio

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Wirth
Hyperdeck Studio
on Sep 27, 2011 at 11:45:39 pm

We've received our Hyperdeck Studio.

Seems to be a good little unit in standalone mode. But I'm having some issues with it when tied into the facility. Anyone else have anything to report when locking to house reference.

Also, anyone know how to access the sync timing? The instruction "book" is a pitiful one sheet of paper printed on both sides.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Hyperdeck Studio
on Sep 28, 2011 at 5:24:59 pm

There is no reference timing on this device currently. But in general if you use reference with the device the output will be locked when using a format that matches the reference signaling.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Richard Wirth
on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:53:17 am

Thanks, Joshua.

I have to ask then, why does the picture lose lock recording (or playing back) a 1080psf 23.98 image when the unit is being sent a 23.98 reference?

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:51:01 pm

Well...recording it's not really using the genlock as it should be the output that is locked. So during record it will rely on the source being locked.

As for the output not being locked...it most definitely should be. I'll have to check.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Richard Wirth
on Oct 4, 2011 at 11:32:12 pm

Joshua,

Thanks.

I wrote to Online Support via the BMD website with this and several other problems with the Hyperdeck and have yet to even get an acknowledgement.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]