FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interlace combing with BM Intensity Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ansel Spear
Interlace combing with BM Intensity Pro
on Sep 27, 2011 at 3:39:14 pm

I'm not sure whether I should post this in a PP CS5.5 forum but, here goes...

I use the BM Intensity Pro purely to output Premiere Pro CS5.5 to an external LG IPS226 preview monitor via HDMI.

When editing 1080 50i (Sony Z1, PAR 1.333, upper field), the image on the external monitor is correct - it displays as interlaced material, and fast motion has the usual interlace flicker - as you'd expect.

However...

When I place the HD footage in a PAL SD (lower field) timeline to gice me pan and scan flexibility, I get agressive interlace combing on the LG monitor - not matter how I set BM Intensity Output Processing . This combing is not present on the PP CS5.5 Program Monitor. So for some reason, the BM appears to be outputting the signal as progressive.

I have tried creating custom sequences in PP, using various BM codecs, field order, interlace and non-interlace combinations, but I cannot get rid of the combing UNLESS...

...I set the the Field Option in PP to Always Deintelace. The touble is that it only "smooths" the combing - I am still aware of slight "rippled edges". I also have to apply the filter to every clip, which is a marathon.

Can anyone please tell me whether I am trying to achieve the impossible, or whether there is a BM spolution.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]