<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Cruz
In The Dark with Blackmagic Design "Decklink HD Extreme 3D+" capture card
on Sep 24, 2011 at 9:28:39 pm

System Specs:

Manufacturer - None (Self Made)

Processor: Intel i7 930 @ 2.80Ghz, 2794 Mhz (4 Cores) 8 Logical Processors

Installed RAM: 16 GB Corsair DDR-3 CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB sticks

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, Version: 6.1.7601, Build 7601 (64-Bit Version)

Motherboard: Intel DX58S02 64 Bit (PCI-Express Enabled)

BIOS Version: Intel Corp. SOX5820J.86A.0779.2011.0406.1511, 4/6/2011

VGA Card: nVidia Quadro 5000 Driver Version: 8.17.12.7536

Video Capture Card: BlackMagic Design - "DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+" Driver Version: 8.5.0.0 (PCI-Express version)

Media Express 3.0 Problems:
1. The Card does show up under "DEVICE" menu
2. However the transport controls ( of Play, Fast Forward, Reverse, Jump to Beginning, Jump To End, Loop & Eject) are greyed out

Device Manager Situation:
1. Both regular Black Magic Driver and Audio Driver are installed and working properly
2. Under "Ports" the Black Magic RS422 Serial Port (COM 3) is working properly
I have screen shots of error messages - if wanted
I have re-seated the card in the PCI-Express Slot a few times but no change

MSconfig Situation:

"CheckVersionPCI.exe" does show up under the start up tab.

I submitted a previous support request via email. I recently called up tech-support also and got the following instructions:
1. Uninstall the 8.5.0.0 Driver set and re-boot PC
2. Log in as Administrator
3. Disable all anti-virus / anti-spyware applications
4. Go to control panel and change "User Account Control" settings to "Never Notify"
5. Go to control panel again and then into Blackmagic's panel and for "input" select "HDMI Video and HDMI audio" - since I'm using a Composite to HDMI converter box which is connected to a SONY 3/4" U-Matic VO-5850 VCR.

Note: I also tried inputing from a JVC BR-HD50 VCR via HDMI with no results also.

6. In the Media Express Application, go to Edit menu , then Preferences and in the Project Video Format slot, make sure that the format signal matches what you're sending into the card.

I did and It still didn't have any effect - still NOT working.
Note: When I click on the livekey application, I get an error box that says "Can't create Decklink Video Capture Filter"

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: In The Dark with Blackmagic Design "Decklink HD Extreme 3D+" capture card
on Sep 28, 2011 at 5:53:38 pm

Okay, well your system looks okay. It's based on a motherboard we have in house and use regularly. So I wouldn't think that is the problem.

As for the transport controls being greyed out. This is to be expected unless you have an RS422 cable connected and a deck (or equivalent device) connected on the other side. So that is quite normal.

As for the "Can't create Decklink Video Capture Filter" errror. Well that is an odd one and one i'm trying to track back for another customer as well. I have been told that the DirectShowAPI.dll doesn't get installed on 8.5. This is important because live key is using that dll to do it's work.

So as a sanity check would you be willing to run the 7.9.5 drivers and check to see if livekey works? We had some limited success adding the file and registering it manually, but it points more to a problem with the driver install than anything else.

If you could let me know that'd be great.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Richard Cruz
on Sep 29, 2011 at 1:11:39 am

I'll try any driver that makes the card work correctly, so sure I'll try 7.9.5 drivers. Do you supply them or are they already available some where on the Blackmagic Design website?

Return to posts index

Richard Cruz
on Sep 30, 2011 at 3:01:51 pm

I did find the 7.9.5 legacy drivers on the Blackmagic Design website and installed them.

This time around-

1. The Livekey application loaded without any error messages.

2. A minor annoying detail with the Media Express 2.5 app.. In the windows O.S. there are the usual three icons on the extreme upper right side for re-sizing the app window (Mac computers have those three on the extreme upper left side of that OSX window.) The little center box icon for "Maximize/Restore Down" was grayed out - so I couldn't adjust the size of the Media Express app to fit the whole screen - like I was able to do with the previous 8.0 driver installation.

3. I rechecked to see that "User Account Control" was set to "Never Notify"

4. I rechecked in the Control Panel Area to see that Blackmagic's panel for video "input" that "HDMI Video and HDMI Audio" was selected.

5. I checked the output settings of my JVC BR-HD50 VCR to see that it read "480i" - 720 pixels x 480 lines (for Standard Definition 4:3 -NTSC) " - that's what the Mini-DV tapes were recorded in. I checked also that output setting indicated that the signal was going through the HDMI "Out" socket for the VCR.

6. I checked that the cable was connected to the HDMI- "IN"socket for the Decklink HD Extreme+ card

7. When I tried to load Media Express, I did get a new error box saying "The Media Express user preferences have become corrupted - Media Express will continue with default settings." Default, in this case, turned out to be "PAL."

8. After I clicked OK - to get past that error, I checked to see that the "preferences" section of the Media Express app. and switched it to "NTSC" for input.

9. However, I still failed to see any images in the Media Express video capture window.

Return to posts index

Richard Cruz
on Sep 30, 2011 at 4:42:12 pm

Update - I forgot to disable the Anti-Virus software this time.

I un-installed the software drivers , disabled the Anti-Virus software, re-installed the legacy 7.9.5 Blackmagic Design drivers , then re-started the Anti-Virus Software and now I'm able to capture video and audio from the card.

Now I can get rolling!!!

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Oct 3, 2011 at 9:00:37 pm

That's great news. The 8.6 version of the drivers should help with the other issue you were having (the files not being registered properly is a digital signing issue).

So when the next driver comes out give it a go (and disable AV while installing).

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Richard Cruz
on Feb 6, 2012 at 3:45:53 am

I followed the same recommended procedure for installing version 9.1 of the software. I get a picture when I'm importing but no sound. When I play back the clip (using windows media player) the audio sounds distorted. It has a sped-up and reverb effect - almost like the audio from the movie "poltergeist" - when the little girl is talking from "the other side"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]