FORUMS: list search recent posts

H.264 Pro....dropped frames?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Francis
H.264 Pro....dropped frames?
on Sep 23, 2011 at 10:58:54 pm

How can a hardware encoder drop frames? Already disliking this unit...running a dual core laptop with 4GB ram and Windows 7 64 bit and it runs at 97% CPU....any help would be appreciated...
Thanks

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Andrew Stone
Re: H.264 Pro....dropped frames?
on Sep 24, 2011 at 8:08:19 pm

Scott,

How are you hooking into the unit? Are you using the HD-SDI port or otherwise. Please be specific.

There have been other complaints of dropped frames. The developers need to have specifics to track down problems. CPU over utilization seems like it could be the issue but not necessarily and it could be one of several issues causing the dropped frames.

Can you drop down to 32 bit mode on your Windows machine? I wonder if the 64 bit operation is contributing to the problem.

So far I haven't had dropped frames but I haven't been doing long transcodes and my input is always via HD-SDI. My target machine is a Mac.

-Andrew

--
Steadicam & Camera Operator

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
Re: H.264 Pro....dropped frames?
on Sep 25, 2011 at 4:15:58 am

I am sending it component HD 1080i, and analog audio. It captured fine on my workstation but that is a hexacore. I am just confused how a "hardware" encoder drops frames because of a computer being too slow. I understand if it were an old single core that can barely handle usb2....but a dual core. 2.2hz that meets ram and os requirements ?Thanks for any input!
Regards

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]