FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Extreme Software

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Payne
Decklink HD Extreme Software
on Sep 23, 2011 at 5:05:25 pm

Apologies if this is covered in another post but I searched and did not find any sufficient answers.
I was recently running the Decklink Software version 6.6, and having problems downconverting an FCP timeline (720p 59.94) to the SD composite output. Video would freeze as soon as I started the SD recording.
I downloaded Desktop Video 8.5 from the blackmagic website. When I installed that software, after rebooting, the computer became stuck in a 'Firmware Updater' crash loop.
I uninstalled Desktop Video 8.5 and installed Decklink 7.9.4 (found on cNet) which included BMD Media Express 2.3...

Which brings me to now - I can see/capture video via Media Express, but not with FCP 6.0.6. Am I missing a driver or preference somewhere?
My card is an 'HD Extreme' card and is probably about 2-3 years old at least. Computer is an Intel Mac, OS 10.5.8.

Is there a repository of Blackmagic software hidden somewhere on their site? It seems as if you can only download the latest version of software and it is also very difficult to find any information on the legacy products. Am I the only person who has noticed this?

Any info is appreciated!

Return to posts index

Patrick Payne
Re: Decklink HD Extreme Software
on Sep 23, 2011 at 8:48:56 pm

****EDIT****
Found link to archived drivers so I can roll back to 6.6.
Seems like Desktop Video 8.5 is not compatible with Mac OSX 10.5.8, and Decklink 7.9.4 is not compatible with FCP 6... hence my problems.

Big thanks to Richard at Blackmagic Tech support for helping me solve this problem over the phone today!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]