FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where to buy Breakout cables for old Blackmagic cards?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Pirouet
Where to buy Breakout cables for old Blackmagic cards?
on Sep 20, 2011 at 10:57:18 pm

I live in the UK, and as part of our studio setup, we have an old Power Mac G5 with a Blackmagic Decklink "HD Plus" PCIX card. The breakout cable went missing in a recent move.

I've tried and failed to find anywhere that still sells breakout cables for this card. Some UK sites have them listed, but i have ordered from 3 separate places, only to be told they don't have them after all. In one particular case, i got promises it was 'arriving soon', then after 4 months(!) of me hassling them, they said that Blackmagic don't make them anymore.

I am not buying a new Mac and a new card when this machine and card still work perfectly well. I just need a breakout cable to plug in the reference input. Or a second hand one on eBay, but they don't appear very often.

Does anyone know where i can find somewhere that might have one that will deliver to the UK?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Where to buy Breakout cables for old Blackmagic cards?
on Sep 21, 2011 at 1:36:42 am

Hi Ben,

We would like to help you out.

Please contact our UK support team:

support-emea@blackmagic-design.com

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Ben Pirouet
on Sep 21, 2011 at 1:05:02 pm

Will do. Thanks for your help :)

Ben

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Sep 27, 2011 at 6:42:12 pm

If you strike out, I have a breakout from a failed card that may work for you here in the states. I know it was a PCI-X card, not sure which one but I think it is one in the same.

Chuck

Return to posts index

Ben Pirouet
on Sep 27, 2011 at 6:43:58 pm

Hi

That's very kind of you, but i emailed the address given above, and they've been very helpful and managed to get me one. Thanks anyway!

Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]