FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downconverted text issue

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francesco Biagini
Downconverted text issue
on Sep 20, 2011 at 9:44:29 pm

Hi All
I am using a Decklink HD Extreme for the first time, on a 8 core with 24 GB of Ram.
I output from a FCP timeline ProRes 422 1920x1080 8 bit through component to a pvw2800 Betacam SP.
I am relatively happy with the downconverted picture but the subtitles and roll credit present a heavy antialiasing distortion. the text is from fcp text generator, Arial 26 with a softened black line.
I couldn t do too many tests as the betacam player is not available, but I am wondering if there is a better workflow like rendering the movie and text first on a 720x576 timeline (I am in PAL world), or with 10 bit settings. I did search the net but really couldn t find any suggestion.
I am sure it has to do with the limitation of the card in downconverting, epecially text, even though FCP text generator is not the best. Any thoughts highly appreciated.
Thanks
Francesco

Return to posts index

Ken Mitchell
Re: Downconverted text issue
on Sep 22, 2011 at 3:35:21 pm

Is your 1080 interlaced or progressive?

Return to posts index

Francesco Biagini
on Sep 22, 2011 at 7:24:14 pm

Thank you for replying
it s 1080 i and I am monitoring out to a flander broadast monitor
In your experience which workflow give the best results and which text generator worked best for you?
Much appreciated
F

Return to posts index

Ken Mitchell
on Sep 23, 2011 at 4:43:12 pm

It sounds like you may have an interlacing issue. You may want to
try using adaptive blending deinterlacing or at least blending interlacing. Should have some settings in compresser.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]