FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture with Shuttle and Panasonic HMC-151

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jean Paul Viennois
Capture with Shuttle and Panasonic HMC-151
on Sep 15, 2011 at 5:26:27 am

I recently installed my BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle and the new Desktop Video 8.5
I have some problems capturing through HDMI from my Panasonic HMC-151E (the European name for HMC-150). I can only capture in 720 50p; any attempt for 1080 25p or 1080 50i has been vain: the capture screen remains desperately black!
Has anyone encountered the same problem (and hopefully solved it)?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Capture with Shuttle and Panasonic HMC-151
on Sep 19, 2011 at 6:28:11 am

I have the Shuttle and tried the Desktop 8.5 but had several problems as well. I was unable to name the file before capturing with Media Express 3.0 and upon launching Media Express to capture as MJPEG, it said incompatible format for my hardware and I had to select it as well as my render drive, everytime I opened Media Express. I went back to 8.0

Return to posts index

Jean Paul Viennois
Re: Capture with Shuttle and Panasonic HMC-151
on Sep 19, 2011 at 3:25:07 pm

I am sincerely desappointed by this card. The install CD is a mess with everythging mixed up; products do not appear with their real name (try to find Intensity Shuttle!); so I am not 100% sure to have the proper driver. Support on internet is just as poor. Select the right product with the threfold selector and legacy and you just end with the last common version of MediaExpress 8.5. I wanted to try the 8.0 version but it cannot be downloaded today. May be the product is good; what for if you cannot use it properly! For the moment being I can just record in 720 50p!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]