FORUMS: list search recent posts

High quality, low latency, full screen live preview with Intensity?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Vahl
High quality, low latency, full screen live preview with Intensity?
on Sep 10, 2011 at 9:45:52 am

Hello,

I want to use either the Intensity Shuttle or Extreme (when it’s out) for full screen live preview / playback of a HD camera video, preferably on a laptop / Macbook Pro.

The background is that I am visually impaired and looking for a relatively inexpensive solution for enlarging Powerpoint presentations, writing on the board and similar things. Is the quality of a full screen live preview with Intensity comparable to connecting the cam directly via HDMI to a monitor?
How high is the latency? I’ve read some people are using the Intensity to play Xbox, so the latency would have to be pretty low.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: High quality, low latency, full screen live preview with Intensity?
on Sep 14, 2011 at 5:36:15 am

Don't know about the Extreme but the Shuttle won't work on a macbook pro. I use the shuttle and the HDMI out is comparible to direct, and there is no visual latency.

Return to posts index

Christopher Vahl
Re: High quality, low latency, full screen live preview with Intensity?
on Sep 25, 2011 at 9:39:43 pm

I know that the Shuttle does not work on a Macbook. For a laptop or Macbook, I would need to connect the DV camera to the HDMI in of the Intensity Shuttle / Extreme and the Intensity via USB to the laptop. Then I'd need a software live preview of the video in full screen. Is that possible?

(Sorry for my late reply, I've been pretty busy.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]