FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple SD video capture on multiple Blackmagic intensity pro cards

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devin Kosim
Multiple SD video capture on multiple Blackmagic intensity pro cards
on Sep 9, 2011 at 2:51:52 pm

Hello!
I have a machine that's dedicated to just doing SD recording from VCRs. I was wondering if I could record using up to 4 Intensity pro cards simultaneously, and what the limiting factors would be. It's a reasonably powerful machine -- Core i5 2500K running at 4 GHz, conventional 2 TB hard drive on SATA III (6Gbps) 8 gig RAM, Windows 7. I'm assuming there's a danger of being I/O limited, so that I'd have to get it to write to separate Hard drives. Could I mitigate this by getting a single 256MB SSD drive, then pairing that with a single hard drive, recording the streams to the SSD, then transferring over to the HD after the batch job was done?

I'm hoping that the included software would allow me to do that (media express) but would it? And what would be the lowest cost software that I could pair up with it to do simple recording?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

George Sey
Re: Multiple SD video capture on multiple Blackmagic intensity pro cards
on Sep 12, 2011 at 4:29:31 pm

It is possible but you need multiple software. I capture two stream with Firewire and Intensity, using Premiere 5 and 5.5 Captured to two separate normal drives. Always start with the Intensity first

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]