FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot convert

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Cloak
Cannot convert
on Sep 3, 2011 at 1:08:10 am

Hi everyone. I have a Blackmagic AVI (8bit YUV file at 1920x1080, 29.97 fps) that I captured from my Decklink SDI card, using Blackmagic Media Express. But I cannot convert the file.

It imported fine into Premiere CS4, but if I scrub towards the end, sometimes the program freezes. When I try to export the video (in any format), Adobe Media Encoder freezes less than a fifth of the way through the encode (I left it for 32 hours and still didn't work). I have tried rendering it in After Effects and that crashes in even a shorter amount of encoding. I also tried exporting it using Quicktime Pro, but that also crashes with an "unknown error."

Do you guys have any ideas? I tried exporting it to mp4, mpg, flv, f4v, uncompressed avi, mov, dv, all with no luck. Is there a better format to capture to with Media Express? I just want to get an HD video file with 4 audio channels that I can edit to put online. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I'm using Windows 7, a PCI Express Decklink SDI, and the file is Blackmagic 8bit YUV file at 1920x1080, 29.97 fps with 2 audio channels

Return to posts index

Matt Cloak
Re: Cannot convert
on Sep 5, 2011 at 7:34:44 am

Ok, I tried capturing again and this time used 10bit yuv and had no problems encoding. I did run into another problem though.

Even though I told it to capture 4 audio channels, in Premiere CS4 it shows up as on channel (mono). Windows Explorer say there are 4 audio channels, but Premiere just doesn't see them. Is there anything I can do?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]