FORUMS: list search recent posts

BM Intensity Pro slows PC to a halt

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Smith
BM Intensity Pro slows PC to a halt
on Sep 2, 2011 at 2:42:38 pm

Hey guys. Just built a brand new PC and everything else has been great with it til I tried installing the drivers for the Intensity Pro. (tried installing drivers, then inserting the card, and visa versa). I've tried disabling the update checker from startup. I even tried all different versions (8.0.1, 8.5, etc). Nothing gives and it's got me so frustrated I'm ready to send it back. Only reason I'm still trying is because I know several friends and acquaintances using it as well with great results.

Specs:
ASUS M4A89TD Pro/USB3 motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3ghz CPU
ASUS EAH6870 1GB video card
16GB Crucial Ballistix memory
(2) 1TB HDDs in RAID0
ASUS wifi card
Antec High Voltage gamer 750w PSU
Samsung BD drive

Sincerely hope Someone can help me resolve his ASAP. My stress levels can't handle this.

Return to posts index

Charlie Smith
Re: BM Intensity Pro slows PC to a halt
on Sep 2, 2011 at 3:06:48 pm

I have also tried the Intensity in different PCI-e slots, to no avail.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Sep 2, 2011 at 3:27:11 pm

Have u tried different Pci-e slots? Give us an idea of the issue you are having, won't recognize it, no video input...etc?

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Charlie Smith
on Sep 2, 2011 at 3:41:13 pm

As stated in the reply, yes I've tried different PCI-e slots. And it literally comes to a halt. CPU usage jumps to 100%, and I cannot do anything. Most of the time it will eventually just freeze and crash. Any attempt to shut the computer down (if I can get that far without it crashing), and 9/10 it will hang at shutdown. It all resumes as soon as the computer starts again.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Sep 2, 2011 at 4:02:41 pm

Sorry, I was posting, when you posted the second time, didn't see the pci-e slot comment. Try removing everything that is not needed from the computer (wifi card, extra usb attachment, etc) and if you have more than 2 strips of memory cut that down to 2 strips. See if that makes a difference. Go as bareboned as possible and see if you can trouble shoot what it may be. I have to re-arrange my video card and my Intensity several different ways to get mine to work well. I am now running my video card in my second 16x slot and the blackmagic one up from that in a 1x and it is working fine...good luck and hope this may help!

Scott Francis

Return to posts index

Charlie Smith
on Sep 2, 2011 at 5:39:22 pm

Switched my video card to the lower PCI-e x16 slot, and tried each of the other PCI-e slots with the capture card, with the wifi card out, and only 2 sticks of ram. Still the same issue.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Sep 2, 2011 at 5:59:53 pm

at this point I would contact BM and see what they say....did you update the firmware too?

Scott Francis

Return to posts index

Charlie Smith
on Sep 3, 2011 at 11:16:51 pm

Contacted BMD, and am shipping the card to them to diagnose. Either the card was bad upon arrival, or is incompatible. Told me they would give me the specs of each machine they test it on as well. Also, the motherboard drivers are up to date.

Return to posts index

George Sey
on Sep 3, 2011 at 9:51:25 pm

Try intel as AMD and Black Magic gives headaches, ASUS Intel works great with Intensity Pro.

Return to posts index

Charlie Smith
on Sep 3, 2011 at 11:09:17 pm

Thanks George.. But unless you have the money to pay for my switching to Intel mobo and processor, that isn't exactly a viable option.

How about any suggestions on HDMI capture cards that are compatible with AMD processors?

Return to posts index

George Sey
on Sep 7, 2011 at 4:21:54 am

Charles

If you are ready to get a new card for your system then spending about 300.00 to make the system complete is a viable option. Get an old Mobo like ASUS P5Q; P5K, P5E and are good and cheaper too.

Return to posts index

Saur Dash
on Sep 3, 2011 at 10:14:05 pm

I had the exact same problem with the Intensity Pro using an Asus Crosshair IV Formula with a Phenom II X6. I was never able to resolve it, tried the Intensity Shuttle too with an Asus Crosshair V Formula but that doesn't work either.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]